cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Great News! Android Pay is arriving in the UK!

Nabs
17: Community Champion

In a post on the Official Android Blog this morning they have announced the launch of Android Pay in the UK

Android users in the UK are already enjoying many great features of Android from Google Photos to Google Play, and in the next few months Android smartphones will become even more useful with the launch of Android Pay. We’re bringing together payment networks, banks and retailers to help you pay simply and securely.

In the US Android Pay requires a device running 4.4 or newer and a compatible debit or credit card. Much like Apple Pay it will initially launch with a few major banks with more to join later.

For full info, including supported banks visit http://officialandroid.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/tap-pay-uk.html

43 REPLIES 43

It is insecure in that you can lose it and someone else can pick it up and spend it yes, but the best thing is not to lose it.

You can lose a card and having it contactless means that someone could come along and spenmd £30 right off and can then spend another £30 and caryy on spenidng until the card ask for a pin. 

At the moment we asre told that we will get the money back, but how long do you think that will happen for? Once the banks, card issuers have us all using contactless they will do the same thing as they do with chip and pin, that they will take no responcibility until the card is reported stolen or missing. 

Cash is not difficult to get, you can either one of those things called ATM's, you know the ones that are outside your bank or even in supermarkets these days or you can go into your bank and get cash.

i bet there are just as many germas on your phone, tablet, keyboard if you have a computer and many other places.

jeffkinn

@ad47uk wrote:

It is insecure in that you can lose it and someone else can pick it up and spend it yes, but the best thing is not to lose it.

They'll need my finger as well.

i bet there are just as many germas on your phone, tablet, keyboard if you have a computer and many other places.

But they're my germs and not those of a thousand unknown people.

Your other concerns are based on personal preference but not reasonable arguments.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Nabs
But if I lose my phone it's got a secure pin code on it that needs to be entered before anyone can spend money on it, more secure than both cash and contactless card

lots of peoples germs, things you touch, handles all have germs on which transfer to your hands and then your cards.

Do you use computer that other people use? just think of the germas on that.