Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incorrect Default on my credit file

arslan1
2: Seeker

Vodafone have recorded a default of 19 GBP on my credit file.  I left UK in December 2015 and just came back in October 2022 and got to know that I have a default recorded by vodafone.

I have never used Vodafone in my life. I then checked with my bank when I came back in October 2022 as when I left UK I changed my address to my friends home and recetly he gave me some left over letters in which I found out that someone else might be using vodafone on my name which I didn't know as I was not in UK from December 2015 to October 2022.

The money was not even going from my bank account, however, vodafone recorded a deafult on my account. I think vodafone can easily find out who was paying the money for the account from their record.

I called vodafone helpline to sort this issue but unfortunately the phone advisors didn't know what to do exactly. 

"My humble request to Vodafone is to resolve this issue as soon as pssoible amicably and in a good way as it is causing a significant inconvenience to me and affecting my circumstances which should be resolved."

I shall be more than happy to provide me travel history of last 7 years as I am not a UK nationa and didn't have UK resident visa.

Regards

2 REPLIES 2

arslan1

Vodafone have recorded a default of 19 GBP on my credit file.  I left UK in December 2015 and just came back in October 2022 and got to know that I have a default recorded by vodafone.

I have never used Vodafone in my life. I then checked with my bank when I came back in October 2022 as when I left UK I changed my address to my friends home and recetly he gave me some left over letters in which I found out that someone else might be using vodafone on my name which I didn't know as I was not in UK from Demeber 2015 to October 2022.

The money was not even going from my bank account, however, vodafone recorded a deafult on my account. I think vodafone can easily find out who was paying the money for the account from their record.

I called vodafone helpline to sort this issue but unfortunately the phone advisors didn't know what to do exactly.

"My humble request to Vodafone is to resolve this issue as soon as pssoible amicably and in a good way as it is causing a significant inconvenience to me and affecting my circumstances which should be resolved."

I shall be more than happy to provide me travel history of last 7 years as I am not a UK national and didn't have UK resident visa.

Hi @arslan1. We completely understand how alarming it must of been to see that there is a Vodafone default on your credit file, especially as you've stated that you've never been a Vodafone UK customer. 

If you believe that a Vodafone account has been set up in your name without your permission, then please report the issue to our Fraud team as soon as possible. You can contact our Fraud team by calling 0333 304 2897 for free, or by submitting a fraud report online. The Fraud team is available 8am to 8pm every day. If you place a call outside of these hours, you can request a call back.

You can also report instances of fraud to the police by contacting Action Fraud where you’ll receive a police crime reference number. Action Fraud also provides a central point of contact for information on fraudulent activity, as well as financially motivated internet crime.