Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Roaming charges in Europe

tjgray2011
4: Newbie
Euro-traveller zones.. Please be advised that Andorra is NOT INCLUDED as at January 2015.

I was charged £205 by Vodafone, but reimbursed after pointing out that Google searches using the terms "Andorra", and "Vodafone" enabled any user to access Vodafone sites that although presumably owned and operated by Vodafone - indicated that Andorra was still covered by European roaming charges. It isn't!! Beware!!
12 REPLIES 12

tjgray2011

The link to the vodaphone site that is not currently up to date is here  like I say, google the terms "Andorra" and "vodafone" together and you will see it on the results list.

To my certain knowledge, this link has not changed in the last three months, despite my raising this matter directly with the Tech team and other forum members.

Whilst I understand that vodafone's website must be extensive, it seems unreasonable to expect users not to use search engines when seeking info from vodafone websites. If vodafone is not maintaining the integrity of its websites, then I for one expect their lack of effective administration to continue creating ill feeling and confusion.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

For anyone else reading this, please be aware that large numbers of websites have sections which you can access via Google that have incorrect information.  I've encountered this myself on more than one occassion.  It is always best practise to go to the website itself and navigate to the correct options.  Please find details below:

If you take a look here, and select Andorra from the pull down menu, you will see that it very clearly states:

If you're planning on using your device in Andorra you’ll pay our Rest of World Zone charges.

On that same page, if you scroll down and click on the Europe Zone link it brings up this box where Andorra no longer appears.

Also, if you go to the EuroTraveller page and click on the Europe Zone tab, you will see that Andorra isn't there.

PWIAC

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, just checked that link and Andorra isn't on it ?

tjgray2011
Wow.. The forum works!!

The page has been updated!

Yay!! - that's all I have ever wanted.

Getafix

Is it only me, but I can still see Andorra on that page.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/campaigns/going-abroad/eurotraveller-countries/index.htm

That's really weird - yep, it's back

63johnw

Not for me ?Screenshot_2015-01-22-07-26-05.png

Getafix
If you are using a mobile then it takes you to this page.

http://m.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/goingabroad/eurotraveller-countries/index.htm

On the Desktop version (Full Site) still there.

Having said that could not find this through the Search Engines.

That's so weird.

Dunno who runs vodafone's websites, but little wonder that vodafone are having to compensate users like myself, misinformed by their own website.

Orhers in this forum, have suggested that it is not acceptable to rely on non-maintained parts of the vodafone website that are not accessible from the vodafone main menu.. I don't agree.