Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Someone used me number to register with their bank

Parkare
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

It looks like someone has used my number to register with their bank and other online shops. Having spoken to the bank they confirmed the registered address was not where I reside. I do not have an account with the bank but keep getting text messages. Also from shops with delivery updates.

Do I need to worry and if so what do I need to do?

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

My advice is to report this to Vodafone too @Parkare 

Protecting-you/reporting-suspected-fraud. 

Protecting-your-identity/fraud-report-form. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you @BandOfBrothers

I will contact Vodafone however I do not think it is fraud just a wrong digit perhaps. I checked a delivery message and it has the persons name and address which is totally different to mine.

Regards

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Parkare 

I appreciate what your saying however it's better to be safe than sorry.

:Smiling:

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandofBrothers

Just spoken to Vodafone and it looks like human error. My account is safe and secure and been told to ignore the messages.

Thank you 

hrym

As a matter of interest, have you recently ported your number to Vodafone?   It's just that, with the demand for numbers, they're recycled faster than they used to be things from previous owners can still come through.   I added a number to my account a few years ago and for a while, it kept getting calls from debt collectors - the previous owner appeared to have defaulted all over the place.

In your case, I'd hope that the other person realises they aren't getting the information they need and update their details soon.
I must say I'm surprised the bank didn't delete the number immediately, as that's quite a serious security breach.