Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Peer-to-peer: Apple Home-pod minis - error with apple music

TomWelch
2: Seeker

I’m running two Apple Homepod Minis as a stereo pair. I use them as default speakers for my TV but also play music from my apple music account through them.

Recently I’ve been getting the error “ HomePod features like AirPlay and Personal Requests may not work on "[name of LAN]" because it does not support peer-to-peer connections.”

Apple say that this is a broadband provider problem. Help?

3 REPLIES 3

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @TomWelch - there's nothing that I know of that would be causing this error message with your Apple HomePod minis. I'm assuming they're connected via Wi-Fi to your router, rather than wired - is that right? 

If possible, would you be able to test these on another Wi-Fi network (for example a family member's or friend's), to see if this error occurs on that connection too, 

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If peer to peer connections weren't working on Vodafone's routers, we'd know about it!  Not one wireless speaker, WiFi Printer, or smart hub would be working!

I might suspect that if you have a lot of traffic on your WiFi it could be causing too great a local latency for the devices to work together as expected!  Just a suspicion, nothing more!

alexjsk

Hi Tom,

This is a well known issue in the apple community and it is suggested not to use Vodafone Routers with HomePods, for some reason they haven’t got the peer to peer set up correct. It comes up with a warning now when setting up HomePods on a vodafone router, to say it’s not a compatible router.