Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

5G Ultra Enablement Text

nsmith1979
3: Seeker

I took out a new Vodafone contract in June/July this year expecting to have access to 5G Ultra, which is available in my area, but I currently don't because it's not enabled until you receive a text saying it is.

Has anyone actually received the text to say it's been enabled?

11 REPLIES 11

CallumR

Hey @nsmith1979 

So that we can check over your account to make sure it's been enabled, please reach out to our Social Media team on either Facebook or X

Thanks. 

nsmith1979

Hi @CallumR 

I've already spoken to the Social Media team and it isn't enabled yet. They've said I have to wait until I receive a text saying it's been enabled. I was trying to see if anyone has actually received the text to say it is enabled.

Cheers

nsmith1979

Still no text from Vodafone to say 5G Ultra is enabled on my account, I've double checked just to make sure I'm eligible (which I am). It's frustrating because I can see the Vodafone 5G SA PLMN from my device where I live, hopefully they'll let me actually connect to it soon....

Has anyone else been given access to it yet? 

chistery
16: Advanced member

I've seen a few people receive the text.

What device have you got?

nsmith1979

I've got a Galaxy S22, but I took a SIM only contract in June / July so the phone isn't from Vodafone. It's good to hear people are being provisioned onto the SA network, hopefully I'll get access soon as well..........

Hi, it's been a while since this post, have you received the 'text' yet to say you are now provisioned?

@iwire nope, still nothing!! Been 7 months since I took out the contract now.

It's a joke! ........ 6G will have launched by the time someone at Voda sorts these technical issues out 😂 

@vodafonebusiness

Getafix

I got a text on 10Nov. But TBH, not seen much improvement. My Postcode is supposed to be 5G Ultra enabled, but I don't even get 5G.
Interestingly, I had got 5G last month in Barcelona, in almost entire city.