Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Handsfree dialing with Alexa

philcorringham
3: Seeker

My mother is blind and unable to use any phone even if pre-configured with contacts etc. I understand Vodaphone now allows Alexa to 100% control phone dialling, so we would be very interested in setting this up for her. Do all the Vodaphone options (SIM only, monthly, pre-paid etc) allow for this? I came across an article say Vodaphone Red allows this but does that mean some contracts wont?

She probably would use for a few hours per month, and has no need for any data/texts. She already has a mobile phone which allows 20 people to call her and it answers fully automatically, but possibly that would be made obsolete? Does anyone have any experience with this? Previous attempts at getting Alexa working in UK have been unsuccessful, since Alexa never can get the right contact first time and always needs manual entry help.

Any help would be appreciated

5 REPLIES 5

philcorringham

My mother lives in UK by the way. I think country is an important factor

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You would need to be on a monthly contract and add OneNumber to the account @philcorringham .  See here: One Number , select get connected for more information.

It's free to add an Alexa device to the account.

Thank you very much for the information Ann S - that is very helpful. 

Jurasik
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Further to the above, my father is in the same position. Can the alexa/echo speaker be used to receive calls as well? Fully through the speaker without touching the phone? Also in the UK. 

Janey

Hi @Jurasik You absolutely can! You'll need a OneNumber Connectivity Plan. This lets you share your phone's allowances, number and contacts with your Alexa, so you can make and receive calls on your Alexa, without touching your phone.