Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incremental issues

NornIron
4: Newbie

Hi all

Apologies in advance for the long post, but I though it would be helpful to provide context to my issue(s)

For the last few weeks I had issues where I couldn’t receive calls. My iPhone would be sitting on my desk, would ring once, and then stop. Folks calling me said that it seemed to send them straight to voicemail.

I tried everything I could, and initially thought might even be a hardware fault. However, spoke to a couple of Voda agents on chat who talked me through lots of commands for resetting voicemail, extending length of ring etc. Sadly, none of this worked, although people ringing me now heard one or two dial tones, then silence.

Eventually, a helpful guy said he’d have to “disconnect and reconnect” my number from my account. And this would take from 20 minutes, to 24 hours. In the end, he sorted it in about 30 minutes, and i was delighted that after two weeks of unable to answer calls, all seemed to be working!

But then the other issues started… 

Shortly after this disconnect/reconnect, I got a flurry of sms messages, welcoming me to Voda, and inviting me to choose an entertainment pack option. Weird, I’d already chosen Spotify, so I logged in to check my app.

My premium Spotify account was cancelled, and I couldn’t sign up again. (After an hour on the phone, this has been resolved)

Two issues are still outstanding:

1. - I checked my online billing. It seems to have added extra plan charges, of almost £29 extra?!? (And I’m not sure that my advantage discount is being applied any more. :Sad_face:

2. - My Apple Watch data connection has stopped working. I tried to set up OneNumber last night, and although normally fairly quick, or instantaneous, on my Apple Watch it says “Plan: No Sim, and Status: No Connection.” On the watch app on my phone where I tried to set up the data plan, it says “Mobile Plan: Vodafone UK - Waiting”

When I check the MyVodafone app, for my account I can see two numbers against me in my account. One number, that I don’t recognise to be honest, has no onenumber service against it, The other number, that I recognise as my phone number has, under “My Subscriptions” a subscription with the status “Smartwatch - Order on hold”

I called up today to see what this meant, and if it and the issue above could be progressed. Unfortunately the chap I spoke to didnt seem to be very knowledgeable and kept repeating that all was correct and it “probably” just needed time.

Apologies for the long winded post, and congratulations if you’ve made it this far. I’d be grateful if anyone has any help they can offer, or if the uk Voda staff can look into this for me please. Through no fault of mine, my phone hasn’t worked correctly in weeks, I’ve had bother with Spotify, and an unresolved billing issue, where through Vodafone’s error, I’m paying much more than usual this month?!  I’ve spent literally hours and hours either on the phone or on web chat, and feel like my issues just get passed around with no one taking ownership.

Thanks

screenshots below: 🤞

E5BC67C5-7F10-4CBA-A325-0ED8A814291C.jpeg2466C799-A914-46C8-9476-DD7EEC8E23E9.jpeg5FD87CFE-7B65-474C-8618-CC0CBA8EB371.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

hrym
17: Community Champion

As this will require account access, your best bet is to contact the Social Media team on Facebook or Twitter.   Once you're on private messages with them, include a link to this thread so that you don't have to repeat yourself.   They'll be able to investigate and get you sorted.

Thank you. 
Just done that. 
Advice is that all seems fine and wait until one number re-registration completes. 
🤞🏻

Unsurprisingly, after waiting the required 24 hours, there’s no change.

And after the required 24 hours - no response. Typical. 

I’ve phoned again, I’m fed up. Voda can’t provide the service I’ve contracted. They are in breach of contract. I‘ve now spent hours (possibly days), on the phone where I’ve been trying to chase up Vodafone’s error. The Tech Support chap I spoke to, escalated my issues to a Resolution Manager 🤷‍♂️, who he said would take ownership of my issue and resolve this.

The resolution manager has promised to fill in a form, and escalate as a P1, and this would clear the “On hold” issue, and then, as she was OFF ON LEAVE for two days, she’d phone me on Wednesday evening!!!! 🤨😬

I pointed out that surely Vodafone had more than one employee, and someone could ring me back before then. As she’s now taking ownership of my case, I’ve to wait until Wednesday. Farcical.

Obviously we all know that I’m either not getting a call on Wednesday, and if I do (as if!), there’ll be another excuse, a mythical escalation, and another fruitless wait. 

I asked for the RM’s name and promise to call back to be provided in a text, so I can escalate if nothing happens. 

Anyone recommend a different provider? I find coverage is great with Voda, but service is appalling. 

I’m paying £46pm for unlimited 5G max with entertainment and another £3.50 for OneNumber on an Apple Watch.

Who would you advise I move to for equivalent tariff (hopefully cheaper)

Thanks

hrym

There would appear to be a major problem.  Pick up the thread with the Social Media team and ask them to pursue it.   I doubt this is something the frontline customer service people can deal with quickly, but you can leave it with Social Media while they investigate properly and escalate to the approproate quarters.

Also bear in mind that it's been a weekend, when things typically don't happen.