cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No service, number disconnected, what are you doing Vodafone?

HopHouse
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all,

A few months ago when I tried to change price plan, I was originally on 3GB, unlimited minutes and texts. I was frequently hitting the allowance so decided to change price plan to one which had a 5GB allowance. I initially requested the change through the Vodafone app,  a few days later I contacted Vodafone via live chat and they advised it didn't go through and they would do it for me. 

The next day I noticed my account and realised the new data allowance of 5GB, excellent! This is where is starts to go wrong, the next bill arrived at -£30.86 and I was back on the 3GB price plan. I hadn't made any payments towards my account since the last bill, previous balance was £0.00, so I contacted live chat who advised everything is okay with my account and to be assured that it will correct itself during the next billing cycle. 
I waited for the next bill, again -£30.86 and still on the 3GB price plan.

Again I contacted live chat and advised them I had made no payments towards my account, how can I be in credit? I was told yet again to be assured that it will correct itself at the next billing cycle. I contacted live chat three or four times regarding this matter, hoping someone would fix it. I didn't want the mistake to be corrected a few months down the line and be presented with a large bill.

Anyway, waited another month, and yet again my account has a balance of -£30.86. I got fed up contacting live chat and getting nowhere so I logged a complaint via the online form. I was contacted by a member of the team who advised they would fix everything and I wouldn't be charged for the previous bills, I thought finally I was getting somewhere.

Great, now I was being put on the 5GB price plan I requested three months ago. Or so I thought, it turns out I was being charged for the 5GB plan but getting 3GB data. I called the complaints team and logged the second complaint, they mentioned that they would need to disconnect and reconnect the line as the system was showing I was on the 5GB plan but my account was on the 3GB plan, I agreed to go on an 8GB plan that was a few pence more than the 5GB plan.

I received an 'Invalid SIM' message (number disconnect/reconnect?) on my phone one afternoon so turned it off and on again, it seemed to be resolved.  This worked great for about a week and a half/two weeks, although for some reason I lost 4G data and only had 3G data available in the UK. I am recently back from holiday and had a 4G connection abroad so can't be an issue with the phone surely, although this could be an issue with the Vodafone network in Manchester.

Now the fun starts, two days ago I finished work and looked at my phone which displays 'No Service'. Live chat weren't helpful, usual turn it off and on again, remove the sim, put it back in etc. I was told it must be my phone, go to the Vodafone store, which I did the next day. I logged another complaint via the online form.

While in work I checked my emails to see that the complaints team had tried to call me, even though I wrote on the complaint that they couldn't call me as I had 'No Service'.  After work I visited the store, Vodafone staff in the store confirmed it wasn't the phone, completed a SIM swap and updated the notes on the account.

Tonight I contacted Live Chat requesting an update and have been told my number has been disconnected. I have received no communcation from the complaints team and have no idea what is going on with my account. On the latest complaint I have requested either my contract is terminated without any further charges and the PAC issued or a 'deadlock' letter so that I can escalate the issue via the ADR. It seems they have just disconnected me, my Vodafone account is showing no number attached to it.

Does anybody have any idea what is going on here? This is by far the worst service I have had with a phone company. 

TLDR; Tried to change price plan three months ago, didn't go through, charged for new tariff but recieving old allowances, line now disconnected.
I posted this yesterday but can't find it on the forum, has it been removed for some reason?

Cheers,
Craig

9 REPLIES 9

MobileNinja
13: Advanced Member

Hi Craig

It looks like you've tried to do everything right and followed the right processes and that you're just not having much luck.

It would take someone from Vodafone to have access to your account to tell you exactly what's going on, and as you're not having much luck, there's little other way to turn other than outside of Vodafone.

If you've been complaining for 3 months about the issue, you can approach the Ombudsman without a deadlock letter. The letter of deadlock is only if you want to take your complaint to the Ombudsman within 56 days.

Just before you go to the Ombudsman though, give the Vodafone UK Twitter team a try. They're generally pretty good at sorting this kind of thing out and if you still have no luck, then go to ADR.

If I've helped you, please click Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. My last communication with Vodafone was around 6pm last night who advised me that to get the PAC they have requested my line is reconnected and that could take up to 24hours. I would be really surprised if I regain service within the next hour. I have been turning my phone off and on throughout the day.

Unfortunately I don't use Twitter so have taken your advice and logged a complaint with the Ombudsman, 
I'll contact Live Chat one last time later this evening to see if they have any updates however it is looking like I'll need to pick up a pay and go sim tomorrow.

Thanks again for your response, and I will update this thread if it ever gets resolved!

I had one last attempt with live chat who advised my line will be reconnected within 2 hours, when I asked which tariff I would be on they couldn't answer it. Well, lets see what happens..

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@HopHouse - I’m sorry to hear what’s happened.

Has your line been reconnected now?

If not, we’ll be able to help get this sorted - I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch, so we can look into this further.

Thank you for your reply. It was reconnected roughly an hour ago but my contract start date has been reset to today!

Thanks I'll message you shortly.

I have now sent you a private message. Thanks again for looking into this.

i have checked my account and can see current charges are at £53.60?! £14.38 out of plan charges, I have no idea where that has come from and no breakdown is provided. 

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@HopHouse – I can see we’ve replied to your latest email this morning (ref: #16393980).

You can check the breakdown of your charges by logging into your My Vodafone account - you'll need to expand the boxes to see the itemisation. 

Hi @Jenny

Yes it was mentioned that your team couldn't help as I now have an active case with the Ombudsman.

i find it completly ridiculous that I am now on a new two year contract without even being asked about it! I contacted live chat for the PAC and they said my agreement started on 01/07! When I asked live chat about why I had a new contract they just disconnected! 

I have expanded the boxes and for Data, Calls, Texts and Other the total is £0.00. Where have the additional charges come from?

I am amazed that nobody at Vodafone is able to resolve this issue or is willing to help!

Edit: I was using the Vodafone app so logged into the website with the link you provided which shows:

Total out-of-bundle charges £14.38
You don't have any out-of-bundle charges. 

I guess I'll just have to wait for a response from the ombudsman. 

Thanks,

Craig

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@HopHouse Thanks for updating us.

If your out of bundle charges aren't linked to your complaint, we'll be able to check on this for you. Please reply to our latest email if this is the case and we'll be happy to take a closer look.