Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rich Communications Suite - Samsung Galaxy S4

danba
4: Newbie

Just got a prompt last night for an update of 155mb.  Haven't noticed much yet other then the messaging app has got an upgrade and now adding emoji doesn't convert a text message to MMS. There's a Rich Communications option under Network which is related to the sms app.

Baseband version: I9505XXUGNH7

Anyone else got this? :cathappy:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Everybody

As you may have noticed, we have merged a number of threads surrounding RCS together into one thread per device. This has been done so all the conversations can be done in one place rather than in several different threads. This means we are making sure that we can monitor the posts easier and when we respond we are doing so to everybody on the one device.

Please note that this thread is for discussion for RCS on the Samsung Galaxy S4 device only. If you wish to discuss the matter on another device please go to the relevant thread. If there are posts about different devices made on here, then the moderators will move them to the proper threads.

Thank you.

View solution in original position

166 REPLIES 166

Has ANYONE actually got this update yet ?

Nothing happening here...

As I've posted elsewhere, we will be changing our business mobile supplier after the appalling support Vodafone has provided with this OTA update issue.

All their response has been is 'send your phone in for repair', when this has never been a 'phone fault' issue, as the promised new OTA update shows.

Just awful!

So I've had a variant of this problem with the phone constantly saying "Unfortunately, IMS Framework has stopped".  When you get this every 5 seconds, "unfortunately" starts to feel a bit of an understatement.  However, disabling Rich Communications seems to have worked so far.  A pity since the idea itself seemed good.

MCH101
3: Seeker
This is now becoming a joke. Total screw up again. Told it was being rolled out this week. 5 working days later and still no change.

I want my contract price reduced.

MCH101
Still no update has come through as mentioned by vodafone.

Utterly disgusting that Vodafone have left thier customers to deal with the problem. Shocking...... think its time to go the media.....

I've also had this issue, been getting more and more frustrated trying to deal with it by switching off Rich Comms, and force stopping the IMS Framework. Only for both to switch themselves back on.

Only signed up to this forum to add my voice to the long long list of unhappy customers who have been screwed with this update - HAVING MISSED MY FLIGHT THIS MORNING! I use my phone as my alarm, and woke up to find it had totally drained, after being at over 70% battery last night.

Nothing should be rolled out unless thoroughly tested, especially on devices that are amolng the most popular. The SGS4 must be in the top 5 handsets still, and to roll out an update that basically renders your phone useless is incomprehensible.

This needs sorted.

Oh and Matt -  "Get in touch here." just tells me I have no private messages, which is pretty useless.

"

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@alisdairpark 

I have resent the PM so you should see this here now.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

As soon as any further updates are available, we'll post back.

DaveCD

twyford

I've been following these threads since RCS was forced onto my handset and completely borked my handset, with the ongoing bungled handling of the issue I thought it time to add my voice to the growing number of complaints. 

I switched RCS off as soon as I knew I could to stop IMS Framework killing the battery, but ever since there has still been abnormal battery drain. I was left wondering if anyone had ever requested a service like RCS from Voda, but that's an aside, even if they had they'd have wanted it to work properly.

Then we get the standard denial of it being Vodafone's problem, they try and point us towards Samsung, who in turn point us back to Vodafone when, surprise surprise, there is nothing wrong with the handset. Finally Vodafone tell they have pushed a software update to Samsung, which seems a very passive way of admitting fault without actually saying it, but they shrug their shoulders as to when it will arrive. 

Ok that last part isn't true. When they pushed it to Samsung they told us we should see it that week. Now the line is that they have no control over when Samsung will push it and don't know when it will be, so when they told us we'd start seeing it the other week I can only assume they had no clue as both statements cannot be true.

The whole issue has been a farce from start to finish, and sadly I don't think Voda will learn the lesson that pushing rubbish to peoples phones, when they haven't asked for it, isn't the service we want.

Now to continue the wait for the update and the hope it'll fix the problem without creating others.

froggerty
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Apologies if this has been mentioned but would returning the phone back to its factory settings get rid of the problem? You'd need to back up any details that you wanted to save first.

@froggerty No.  Tried it, the update just gets pushed back through into the phone.