Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

samsung galaxy S5 not sending texts to 2 specific numbers

sbramman
3: Seeker
Hi. I have a samsung galaxy S5 and I cannot send texts to 2 specific numbers but every other 1 works perfectly. I can phone these numbers and they can phone me and send me texts. I have tried deleting the numbers and reinstalling them several times and recently tried a new sim card. NOTHING WORKS. Took it to the shop and they suggested trying an alternative texting app, also not working with only these 2 numbers. Have spoken online with Vodafone rep and say my account is fine.
7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello. 

May i Welcome you to the eForum. 

Have you possibly checked that the problem numbers have not been accidentally added to any text blocking facility within the phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes i have checked and the shop assistant checked. Not blocked unfortunately

BandOfBrothers
Hi

Can you check that the two contacts have not been added more than once into the Contacts App.

Current Phone  >

sbramman
Yes I only have them entered once. This first happened after a software update but have had updates since then which had not fixed it

BandOfBrothers

Process of elimination: Can you perhaps try your Sim in another phone to rule out either the Sim or Phone which may be at fault. 

Current Phone  >

sbramman
I don't have another phone I can try it in. It is a complete and utter disgrace. Paying for a phone for 6+months that I cannot use properly and Vodafone just say they have never seen the problem before and don't know what it is!!!!!

@sbramman

If you visit your local Vodafone store, they will be able to try your SIM in another phone for you.

If the phones still having the same issues, the store can also arrange for it to be sent off for repair.