Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy Note 5

merchantmike
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Annoyed Samsung won't sell the Note 5 in Europe and looking to import from the US or Asia.

Can Vodafone state what variant works and is compatible with their 4g bandwidths so I know which part of the world to shop in.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Using an import brings its own risks. 

Often the the warranty is not valid in another country so do check.

Vodafone mostly likely won't be able to guarantee they can support it. 

Vodafone uses these frequencies. 

Frequencies used on the Vodafone UK network
Frequency Protocol Class
900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE 2G
1800 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE 2G
900 MHz UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+ 3G
2100 MHz UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+ 3G
800 MHz LTE 4G
2600 MHz LTE Advanced

Google for the frequencies that the handset supports. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

57 REPLIES 57

Thanks bandofbrothers.

On th elnk I posted it doesn't mention which band of 800Mhz it operates, but it does include Vodafone on the checklist at the bottom of the page. Not sure if that helps.

Drey_P

thanks for your reply. H+ definitely isn't the strongest available. I can wander around my house and in fact my street and have minimum 3/4 bars of 4g on other phones on vodafone.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

But the handset can still latch on to a particular signal and not release it.  I've had that with new handsets in the past - usually the first time they are turned on.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers

@wtleger wrote:

Thanks bandofbrothers.

On th elnk I posted it doesn't mention which band of 800Mhz it operates, but it does include Vodafone on the checklist at the bottom of the page. Not sure if that helps.

You're welcome 

I see its duel band. 

Have you got the sim in the primary SIM card slot and not the second one. Not sure if hat would make a difference?

Edit : From their About Us it does seem like it may be an import model. 

Current Phone  >

Could you post the baseband version of the firmware? 

There are a couple of possibilities here.

The first is that it has locked on to the wrong signal and leaving it off for a bit will solve it.

or

(I think this is more likely) The phone isn't compatible with the 4G frequency in your area.  According the link you supplied it is only compatible with Vodafone UK 800MHz frequency, this means that if your local transmitter is broadcasting at 2600MHz you won't 4G signal. 

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers

I've not used the source you have to acquire the handset. 

See the eatlier posts on imports. 

You need to try and see if it runs on Vodafones Frequency band 20. 

Current Phone  >

So data is working on your device which means you have the right settings.

As you are getting H+ it would indicate that this is the strongest signal.  Turn mobile data off for about 5 minutes or so and it will reset the data connection.  Turning the handset off for the same amount of time will also help.

PWIAC

drey_p

So data is working on your device which means you have the right settings.

As you are getting H+ it would indicate that this is the strongest signal.  Turn mobile data off for about 5 minutes or so and it will reset the data connection.  Turning the handset off for the same amount of time will also help.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers

Does it say it runs on Band 20 on 800mhz

Current Phone  >

wtleger
4: Newbie
Yes I have tried both SIM slots and also tried the phone in safe mode but still only showing H+.

Yes it's an import model but they say it works on Vodafone and lists 800Mhz which I understand is their 4g wavelength. The band 20 side of things isn't something I'm aware of, do you think that is the problem? Anyway of checking what brand the phone is working on?

Thanks