Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

my s2 keeps turning off help !!!

jamollawop
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I have a full battery first my signal goes then it turns itself off and when i turn it back on it says i got low battery

Ive tried resetting my phone and that hasnt helped.

Any help welcomed

Thank you
34 REPLIES 34

Try recovering it with kies, if you can't then you'll have to flash it with Odin, if you need to know how to do that tell me your factory model number and I will find a guide for you.

As soon as my server is back up I'm doing a site with all these tutorials so it should be better for you guys

I have now went to use my phone an the touch screen is no longer working and the battery will not charge. I now have no phone contract is renewing in July and I now have no phone at all. I do not understand what you mean as Its now totally broken 

Andrew

hrym
17: Community Champion
You could try taking (or sending) it to a Samsung repair centre and see what they say.

Hi Andrew

As has been advised by hrym, contact Samsung and arrange for a free Warranty repair.

You can organise a postal repair if there is not an authorised repair centre near you?

As for a "Loan Phone", your Warranty does not cover this. However you can buy a phone for approx £10 from Argos.

It won't be anything special but will make calls and send texts. This way you will always have a spare phone in case of future accidents or break downs.

Samsung Service Centre Locator

Tel: 0330 7267864
Monday - Saturday: 9am - 6pm
Bank Holidays: 10am - 4pm

Hi AndrewFleming,

If your handset is now not working at all I would recommend sending the phone away for a free of charge warranty repair.

James

If you got your S2 from Carphone warehouse i would deff recormend there service, Its not as fast as Samsung but just as Good and there is no risk of it getting lost in the post also some have in house teck Guys 

Othere then that I would only recormend Samsungs service stops getting a Nasty suppise  

Hi there.
I had the same problem recently.
The phone would get very hot and the battery would drain very quickly even when I wasn't using the phone. I changed the battery, but the problem persisted.

I noticed that the media app was using a lot of battery and I couldn't stop it

I also noticed that the problem arose fairly recently after I had started to use free anti virus software app from AVG..especially when it kept trying to get me to upgrade to the Pro version.

Solution. I un-installed AVG pro that I had on trail and the problem was solved....?

No factory reset was required.

The battery now lasts all day long.

To make the battery last longer:-
1. Drain the battery 100%
2. Charge it with the phone off
3. Switch it back on and let it charge to 100%
4. Switch the phone off and repeat step 3.
5. Your phone should be okay now
6. Remove as many apps that you don't need.

This hopefully will make my phone last a bit longer. :).

Update,

Today I reinserted my 32GB micro SD card to see it this caused any problems. The battery drained a bit faster but not as bad as before.

I have just reinstalled Daily Roads Voyager DRV, and moved it from the SD card to the device storage, and guess what, my phone switched itself off....so I have moved it back and all seems to be fine...at the moment
Maybe this was the culprit and not AVG?....

Now when I think about it..I remember some months ago when I used DRV in my car (without the USB charger connected) that the phone was V hot....will investigate further.....
Okay, My phone switched off So its definately the DRV app thats causing the problem....just removed it so mets see what happend now... 
UPDATE
I have done all the above and the phone was fine. I reinstalled the 32gb Micro SD card, and the problem started again!! ARRRR.
I have just taken that card out, cleaned the terminals with a cotton bud and put it into my back up Galaxy Y phone. The original 32Gb card from this phone was then put into my S2. All seems to have settled down and the problem appears to have gone away?...will keep you posted if it hasnt!!

mrvhappy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there.
I had the same problem recently.
The phone would get very hot and the battery would drain very quickly even when I wasn't using the phone. I changed the battery, but the problem persisted.

I noticed that the media app was using a lot of battery and I couldn't stop it

I also noticed that the problem arose fairly recently after I had started to use free anti virus software app from AVG..especially when it kept trying to get me to upgrade to the Pro version.

Solution. I un-installed AVG pro that I had on trail and the problem was solved.

No factory reset was required.

The battery now lasts all day long.

To make the battery last longer:-
1. Drain the battery 100%
2. Charge it with the phone off
3. Switch it back on and let it charge to 100%
4. Switch the phone off and repeat step 3.
5. Your phone should be okay now
6. Remove as many apps that you don't need.

This hopefully will make my phone last a bit longer. :)

hrym

That's very interesting and thanks for a useful post.  Without that, I'd have said your symptoms were those of an expiring battery!

Update,

Today I reinserted my 32GB micro SD card to see it this caused any problems. The battery drained a bit faster but not as bad as before.

I have just reinstalled Daily Roads Voyager DRV, and moved it from the SD card to the device storage, and guess what, my phone switched itself off....so I have moved it back and all seems to be fine...at the moment

Maybe this was the culprit and not AVG?....

Now when I think about it..I remember some months ago when I used DRV in my car (without the USB charger connected that the phone was V hot....will investigate further.....