Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Recently upgraded. Entertainment and Now TV

elpico1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am very upset at seeing the new Vodafone advert that features convicted sex offender Mr Staurt Hall.

As a fellow who is married to a child sex victim,who is awaiting a high court outcome of her case,i find the new advert most upsetting,and I have tried hard to keep my dear wife from seeing it.

By using such a vile individual in it`s advertising,Vodafone are letting down all those men/women who were sexually abused by Mr Hall or others.

I have written to the advertising standards who will look into this for not only me,but the victims,and I ask now if Vodafone will stop this advert before it does more harm.

If Mr Hall is being paid a fee,by taking part in this advert,then Vodafone are not fully understanding the grim situation.

My wife is a new Vodafone customer,and if she knows that the company are using such a person for it`s adverts,she will become upset all over again,and i will not forgive Vodafone if this happens.

21 REPLIES 21

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Hi @elpico1

This is a serious issue and can understand why this would be upsetting.

Vodafone have recently (in the last few weeks) released a new advert with the tagline "Live Life on 4G". Is this the one you mean?

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @elpico1

I can confirm that Stuart Hall does not feature in our current advertising in any form. I can confirm that our recent advert, featured here on youtube, features a number of different actors and is voiced by Phil Daniels.

I hope that this hasn’t caused any undue concern and I will be happy to answer any questions you have about our advertising.

It is Staurt Hall,and this must be looked at pronto!

It has caused much upset.

You can clearly see it is Mr Hall,as he handles a trophy.

Please look at the advert,and then tell me if i`m wrong,and when you see i`m correct,I expect a big apology.

Thankyou GKW

63johnw

Screenshot_2015-05-01-20-50-35_1.jpg

Hi, is this the one? If it is it definitely is not Mr Hall, hope this helps clear things up.

If this is not Mr hall,then don`t I look a daft one.

It could well be David Hammilton,but until I know for sure,I must stand with the origianl complaibnt.

Thanks GKW

Thankyou for your reply.

This may well be the advert where I have seen this vile person,and I can assure you that I am not just seeing things and I certainly will not stop writing to the various media until this advert is stopped completely.

Nabs

That guys got far too much hair to be the person in question. 😉

Has Mr Hall not been in prison since July 2013?

He may well be in prison,but this is an old piece of film.