Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vat after employee advantage discount.

Alishalnr88
4: Newbie
Hi, ive recently been looking back at my bills for the past 18 months with vodafone. And ive noticed that i was paying my price plan is correct after the 20% is taken off but then im being charged vat ontop of that is this normal, why would they offer a 20 discount and then charge us the vat i thought vat was suppose to be included in the proce plan it clearly states this in t&cs
38 REPLIES 38

Alishalnr88
How do i post this info but i have a screen shot of the bill on my fone but duno hi to post it

Alishalnr88
Plus it doesnt say there is any employee discount on this but everytime i call them they are always telling me there is one on there for both lines

Alishalnr88
£39.19
£34.41
Total before VAT £73.60
VAT charges
VAT at 20% on £73.60 £14.72
Total for this bill 88.32

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@Alishalnr88 

Thanks for posting these figures. Is there an earlier section of the invoice which gives any information on how the figures of £39.19 and £34.41 have been arrived at? Are the figures for your plans shown as £48.50 and £42.00 anywhere, or as £40.42 and £35.00, if they are shown as ex-VAT?

One of my fellow-CCs who has a VEA discount has posted in the private area of the forum the arithmetic of his bill, so that we can see how it is worked out. It goes as follows:

His monthly plan is shown as £43.50 including VAT

It then appears ex-VAT as "your plan" for £36.25

The 20% discount is then shown as £7.25

And the "total before VAT" is shown as the difference, i.e £29.00

Then 20% VAT on £29.00 = £5.80 is applied.

Giving "total for bill" of £34.80.

So in his case it is all explained clearly, and one isn't left wondering "where did that come from?"

It's getting too late now for me to attempt to explain how to post your screenshot. I'll have a go at describing this in the morning, but please don't post anything which reveals any private information - you'd need to mask any personal information first.

Annie.

Alishalnr88
No this is how my bill is shown on every single one. The only one that shows what the price plan is when i pull up my plans

Alishalnr88
Im doing all off this on my phone would it help more if i went onto my online billing by desktop?

Annie_N

It might well be worth looking at the bills from a desktop. You might see some more detail which casts a bit more light on the situation. Please post back here if you discover anything.

I'm fairly clear that something very odd is going on, but I haven't a clue what, as I just can't make the arithmetic add up to the amounts which you are being charged!

Hi @Alishalnr88

The information that the Community Champions have provided is correct.

If you’d like to discuss this further, get in touch with our Live help team who’ll be able to go through step by step information on your bill.

Cheers,

Laura

Erwarren
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Just leave Vodafone and be thankful to get away from the hideous misery of being a customer. They have refused my 20% discount for 3 months and I have had to inform my company and the ombudsman that they are refusing to honour it - I'm also receiving fraudulent £100 bills each month which they refuse to investigate so the additional billing on your account doesn't surprise me. Support and billing staff I have spoken to have been dishonest and lied about actions as well as closing complaints without resolution so I think you will just get more fraudulent activity as I have in the months to come. #vodafonemisery

Alishalnr88
Oh dont say that, ive already decided im going to try for another month or two and if no resolution i will be leaving them.