Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Flashing red power light, stable orange internet light

sue_joy
4: Newbie

Hello,

My VSS has been working fine now for some time, until today - now the power light is flashing red and the internet light is stable orange. I have done a reset, and for a time the power light was constant red and the internet light flashing white, only to revert to the flashing red and stable orange after a few minutes. I have checked my router config and all ok there. Please can you help.

My VSS serial no. is 40131560225

IP Address of Kcom 213.249.174.212

Using a ZyXEL router

Dowload speed 6.46 Mbps

Upload speed   0.42 Mbps

Ping                47ms with Jitter 3ms

Was unable to provide traceroute - 'tracert' unrecognised as a command!!! I have done these before so can not understand this.

Thank you for your help in the past, and hope you can help now.

Sue.

12 REPLIES 12

Well Put that man.

My nightmare is still ongoing, since Thursday! I have had more apologies than I know what to do with. I was asked to go to a shop to pick a new sure signal box up with the promise this would fix everything. Today I drove to town (I have been working late tonight because the whole phone issue had basically taken up my time for the past three days). The manager did not want to give me a 'free' box and I had to sit around waiting while he sorted that out. He didn't sort it out but could probably see I was ready to blow a gasket, he gave me the box while still trying to sort it out with the Vodafone people on the phone.

Having been told yesterday that my box would work after 24 hours ( it didn't) I was told to get a new box from the store. I was told it would take between 20 mins to an hour to complete set up.
Low and behold I now have to wait another 24 hours and the problem will be resolved .... Yup, heard that one before, so tomorrow after the 24 hours have passed I will once again go around in circles via 'chat' and get as far as I have for the last few days.
They asked several times if they could phone me ..... Seriously? Why do they think I need the box so much if I could get a signal??? It is beyond me.
My drama is ongoing and it will be tomorrow too. I have no idea when I might have a phone that actually works again. I don't even want to hear another 'sorry for the problems you are experiencing' I just want to be able to use the service I am paying for ........... But as my son would say "NO ONE CARES".

The biggest irony is that whenever I have called Vodafone I always get the survey after, usually I have always given good feedback. In this instance the feedback was not good, I was being honest. The real joke is that since then I have had no other survey presented to me.

After many many years together, I think our relationship has come to an end. Shame, I really did think they were different to all the rest. Money & profits always win in the end. They are putting their prices up as the service goes down.
Just like everybody else.

Now I need to google smoke signals or buy some pigeons. It's beginning to feel like Groundhog Day.

Hi protect777, 

It's disappointing to see you feel this way. We genuinely do care and want to resolve any issues our customers have. 

We don't say sorry because we have to or as an excuse to do nothing and I assure you all feedback given will be taken on board. 

Taylornoos, I replied to your post here. If you could supply the information requested we'll be happy to help further. 

Thanks, 

Kay