Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NO 3g signal in NN14 or NN15 on iphone 5

chunkyrolo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Anyone else having 3g and 2g signal problems with the Iphone 5?

Im going into my 4th week now with issues in these particular areas (Work and Home) it isnt too bad at home as I can connect to wifi.

I finally had the chance to call through to vodafone yesterday, they checked the area to inform me that is was moderate in both areas on both 2&3g, they reset all my settings on my phone which didnt help. (Spoke to Mamhoud)

I was left with, you will have to leave this with me, we will text you when we have fixed the issue! So I guess I am left paying for a service on a more expensive contract & Phone for something that I am unable to use, unless I am at home..... I thought this was meant to be a "mobile"

20 REPLIES 20

I had a problem with the mobile data connection again at about 6:30pm today at NN15 6AP.  There isn't any 3g coverage but 2g is good and usable when it's working right.  The phone was showing 4/4 bars for the signal and the G symbol, it also had an IP address - but couldn't connect anywhere or ping any other IP addresses on the internet.  I couldn't get data to work at all until I got to the other side of town and it must have changed to another mast.  When I got back to NN15 6AP it sill didn't work but I found that if I put the mobile into airplane mode and back again it would force reconnection and was ok then.

I had this same problem with my old mobile for the last few months and fixed it by disabling and re-enabling data until I was lucky enough to get a working connection.  The chance to get a working connection seems lower at the moment though.

I have just got to work again, 08.45 NN15 6PP and the 3g has gone again, unable to access anything, was great yesterday having full acess again and being able to communicate for one full day!

I can open safari and it gets half way then stops.

When are we going to get a Full fix?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the updates and I’m pleased that you have seen some improvements.

@ chunkyrolo,

You local site (30513) does look to be running fine, can you do a quick reset on the phone by restarting it and let us know if you see the same issues?

James

Hi, I have rebooted until I get the "apple" and still dont get a signal, just showing a "circle" along with 5 bars and the Vodafone UK symbol.

I have also selected a different carrier and then re-set which has still not made a difference.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I’ve checked this again and site 30513 does seem to be having a few issues this afternoon, so I’ve referred this back to our engineers for further investigation.

We’ll let you know once we have any news.

Thanks,

Jenny 

Hi,

Please can we have an update on when this issue is finally going to be resolved or can you cancel my contract without any fees. I feel I am not getting ANY service without being able to use my phone at home connected to WIFI which is making my a PC more than a mobile, thus making it more than useless! I have had the problem over a month now! 18th March 2013 was when I first noticed the issue!

Granted my account has been credited a little, however this is not the case, I would rather have a mobile phone that I can commincate on rather than have to wait until I get home and realise people have been trying to contact me ALL day.

Thank you

Marie

Hi chunkyrolo

We can't give timescales on when network faults can be fixed. There are many factors involved in the fault finding and fixing process that it's difficult to give dates. 

More info can be found on our Network FAQ's.

You can only cancel your contract without penalty where there has been a complete failure of the network for more than 7 days, rendering all services unusable. This isn't the case here as it is a localised issue with one site and your phone can still be used away from this site. 

As soon as we know it's fixed we'll update you.

Thanks

Simon

Just to let you know that I am still having problems in this area too and chunkyrolo is not alone.  

Yesterday (26th April) I was at NN16 8TD all afternoon and had a good signal and no problems at all with mobile data.  I went to NN15 6XB just before 6pm and had a good signal strength but mobile data didn't work at all on my android mobile.  I also have a tomtom live which I think uses vodafone with its built in sim and the network connection menu on that showed a signal strength of 4/5 but was stuck showing "connecting...".  I was at NN15 6XB for about 30 minutes and didn't get a data connection that whole time - I was indoors most of that time but I did play around for a few minutes before going in and after coming out to see if I could get any data connection to work.

I had left my tomtom on the network connection page while I drove home and it finally managed to connect just as I got home at NN15 6AP at about 6:30.

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

Our engineers have confirmed that things should now be fixed. Can you please let me know how you are getting on?

Thanks

Wayne

I have only used my mobile on 3g a couple of times in the last week, but both times I didn't have any problems.  I have used it more at NN15 6AP which only has 2g coverage, but data connections seemed to be much more reliable than before.