Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with VSS and BT Infinity

davidjh
4: Newbie

Hello, I'd be grateful for some help. I have had a few issues in the past with VSS but have so far been able to resolve them by searching and reading this forum, starting with the troubleshooting guide. This is the first time I've been unable to solve it myself.

Orginally I had a VSS and a BT line, and it worked fine though my upload speed was not sufficient to allow good mobile calls. I then upgraded to BT Infinity. It took some time to get it working, but eventually, by enabling port clamping, I managed to get the VSS to work. Calls dropped occasionally but were otherwise fine.

Yesterday we had a power cut. When power was restored the Home Hub came up fine, but the VSS shows flashing red signal and orange fourth signal. No amount of switching on and off seems to help.

Please can you help?

David 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I am not sure what the set-up light sequence is, but I am pretty sure that the reset isn't working. I can hold the button down for up to a minute and the lights don't change at all. Do I need to turn the power off while I am doing the reset? Can you let me know exactly how I should do the reset and what I should see in terms of lights?

As I happens, I changed the LAN cable between the router and the VSS and it now works. Seems odd, since the previous cable worked fine, so it might be coincidence...

David

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi davidjh,

Thanks for the update.

When you perform a reset, you need to do the following:

• Hold the button in for 30 seconds with the power on
  • Release the button (all the lights will then go off)
  • You’ll then see the normal set up light sequence, whilst it configures (solid power light, with pulsing internet and in service light)

I’m glad to see it’s now working, it does sound like there may have been a fault with the cable.

Thanks,

Gemma

OK thanks. I am doubtful it was the cable as it worked up until recently, but don't want to swtich it back just in case. Thanks for your help.