Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems with replacement sure signal box not working

ccaasjf
4: Newbie

Sure Signal device serial 42164480148

Ip address reserved with DHCP to 192.168.0.8, it is connected with the connection light slowly flashing. 

Virgin Superhub 2 with the following ports open:

VDSS_53 53TCP&UDP192.168.0.8

VDSS_67 67UDP192.168.0.8

VDSS_68 68UDP192.168.0.8

VDSS_8 8TCP&UDP192.168.0.8

VDSS_5050TCP&UDP192.168.0.8

VDSS_33434 33434..33445UDP192.168.0.8

VDSS_123 123TCP&UDP192.168.0.8

VDSS_500 500TCP&UDP192.168.0.8

VDSS_4500 4500TCP&UDP192.168.0.8

VDS_1723 1723UDP192.168.0.8

63 REPLIES 63

Simon,

That is an excellent summary.

From what I have been told the problem is with vodafone systems expecting new registrations.

I work in IT and all our Production systems have Non Functional Requirements, SLA's, etc  to meet and I can tell you a Production service down is a severity 1 and the fix should be within hours not days.

I can only conclude for the amount of time this service has been out that it is not design and scaled to production strength and is JFDI service, Just Flipping Do It, in my line of work this would not be tolerated by the business and we would be fired!

Also there is now to consider the amount of brand damage this is now causing Vodafone, mine was shipped to replace a faulty unit, see the long running thread on exploding VDSS boxes.

I suggest creating as much noise as possible, OFCOM complaints are a good way of making Vodafone take the pain!

Saturday morning and still not working, started writing my letter if complaint as follows:

Once again I am writing to Vodafone to complain about its poor customer service I can imagine my file being rather large by now.

The weekend of the 12th/13th of November I noticed my VodaFone Sure Signal (VDSS)  box not working and a strange smell in my living room. 191 to Sure Signal Team and went through the troubleshooting process and the box was diagnosed as being dead and I was told that a replacement I would have to pay for either by ordering online or going into a shop and buying one, at this point I was not aware of the exploding boxes and the Trading Standards and WatchDog investigations.

Just my pure chance I checked the Sure Signal eforum community to find out of the above problem and after further reading these devices were being replaced free of charge. Once again I have to question the honesty and sincerity of your technical staff and customer services, you clearly knew that there was a problem and chose not to engage with the customer with the full facts, further as these items have been exploding, as part of the initial diagnosis I was asked to plug the device into an alternative plug sort which could have resulted in an incident to my property and myself, this clearly should not have been encouraged!  

The saga continues, a new VDSS arrived on the 19th and I connected it up and changed the DHCP reservation from my old VDSS to the MAC address on the new VDSS, waited Saturday and through to Sunday with the connecting light slowly flashing, de registered Sunday evening and re registered Monday morning still no service. Subsequent calls to the Sure Signal team at Vodafone followed Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening still no service.

From what I understand from the calls the issue is new registrations of this device and the issue has been on going from the 16th November. As I work in IT I understand that failures can happen but systems can be design to be resilient and scalable and must meet Recover Point Objects and Recovery Time Objects, SLA’s in other words.

It is clear to me that this service has entered into Production where the RPO and RTO’s have not been tested to meet a reasonable recovery time, which in the systems I design are usually within 4 hours not days!

As I have now been without the service for nearly 2 weeks, mislead by the technical teams, wasted hours on the phone trying to get a resolution, I am demanding compensation for the lack of service and for the avoidance of any doubt I expect this to be a substantial credit to my account.

If this is not forthcoming then as you know I am well educated in how to deal with OFCOM complaints and Vodafone, I have had enough practice over the last 2 years as you can see from the size of my file and intend to make this as painful as possible for the brand.

Mine failed on the 4th of November, these wretched idiots are not the slightest bit interested in helping me. I have been a Vodafone customer for 25 years and in that time have seen their service deteriorate. No wonder they hold the record for worst customer srevice...they must be so proud! I live in North bucks, and every time there is a new G added eg 3G, 4G my basic reception deteriorates. It is now so bad I have to walk out of my back door and up a small hill for it to work. Worst Network in the UK!

Latest update, still not working, how about a status update Mr Vodafone and keep us in the loop?

Told device was re registered at 2pm this afternoon, waited 6 hours and reset it this evening, still not working.

Mr Vodafone over to you for an update please.

I had a new SSv3 on the 18th November and I have the same issues as everyone else. It appears to be registered but, according to Vodafone's SS team, in reality it's not.

I was told that this issue is affecting 100's of SS users.  They don't have a date for a fix. However, I was also told this morning by "Arron" on the SS team that it should be fixed within 24-48 hours. However, call me cynical, but I  feel this is just a fob-off to get me off the line.

Like others, I have reregistered it (at Vodafone's behest) and reset it many times, all to no avail.

Curiously, the reason I had a new v3 is that my original v1 stopped working, albeit with the same symptoms as the new v3. I'm now wondering whether the v1 is in fact still OK and the server fault took it down?

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@domussalix

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Vodafone Sure Signal. Please complete the steps on our troubleshooting guide so we can take a look.

@Carly from vodafone, do you think we are idiots?

This issue was been running for 2 weeks with detailed trail above and Vodafone admiting it's an issue on there side and you have the nerve to refer us to reading the trouble shooting guide!

As Lord Sugar would say your fired!

I've got exactly the same problem.
I replaced old iPhone 5 with iPhone 6 & tried to change registry on suresignal. Old blackberry still worked, but new iPhone 6 didn't. And still doesn't. I've spent MANY hours on LIVECHAT with no explanation. I even bought a new suresignal and that doesn't work either. It just flashes "setting up" or "can't access Vodafone". Also, website won't allow new users to be added.
Feedback is wholly unacceptable.
The solution, of course, is to provide a better signal. BTW, I live in central London.
Old serial no. 21196953414 . New serial no. 42164450118

Agree. Tech company at its worst.