Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Problem

DanCull
4: Newbie

two or three days ago my sure signal stopped working - over the past couple of days I have made numerous attempts to reset, reactivate, reconfigure etc my sure signal set up but with no sucess

as I type, there is currently no lights on at all but for the majority of the last 24 hours both the power light and the @ light have been permanently on - most recently i have disconnected the sure signal box, deactivated it, carried out a hard reset, reset mt bt home hub 2 and comletey reconfigured my home network to original settings, reregistered the sure signal box, connected to homehub and waited.

I am pulling my hair out now as I get vitually no signal in my home and so the 4 vodafone handsets we have in the family are unusable unless we go outside - until now, it has been working fine for months!!

15 REPLIES 15

DanCull

Troubleshooting steps:

Confirm that your Broadband connection meets our minimum requirements.

I have been running Sure Signal for atleast a couple of years now without any problem so I dont think there is any problem with my broadband connection meeting minimum requirements.

Check for planned maintanence

I cannot see that there is any planned maintenance.

Reset your Sure Signal:

Done this several times.

Configure your Router Firewall

I cannot find any firewall settings on my BT HomeHub 2

I have configured the portforwarding as per portforward.com 

Perform a Pathping to our Server

How do I do this on a Mac?

Just gone through the above again and after resetting the portforwarding I did a hard reset of the sure signal box, following which it went through the sequence of solid power light with flashing @ light for a period which then went solid, the tick light then started to flash (which hasnt done so for a while) but then failed to go solid - when the tick light stop flashing all lights went off and they are now all off!

DanCull

Nearly 24 hours since reset as advised and still no connection!

Currenty just a power light on.

Have just restarted again and now first two lights are on and fourth light flashing steadily - maybe this could be the time it actually connects, but probably not! :smileymad:

And now all lights are off !! :smileymad:

Come on Vodafone!! If this can not be sorted I have no reason to stay with Vodafone!!

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Good Morning DanCull, 

The only thing left to do now is to try using the Sure Signal at a different address. 

If this works then the issue does lie with your ISP or router, if it still doesn't work then it would appear the Sure Signal is faulty. 

Please let me know how you get on once you've tested the Sure Signal at a different location. 

Kay

If I connect it to another router on another broadband connect, will I need to go in and configure the port forwarding for it to work?

There are various threads on here where people talk about the port forwarding and appears to be differing opinions as to whether it is a requirement.

Hi DanCull,

To be honest the requirement of forwarding ports will change from one person to the next depending on the complexity of their setup, the router and the internet provider.

I would give it a go to see if it connects in the first instance before looking at forwarding ports on another person’s connection.

James