Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V2 dead no lights just a buzzing noise

digbyandrew
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
My Vodafone sure Signal V2 has been working fine up until the other day when it was stuck with all its lights permanently on but no signal on the two phones registered to it.
I tried turning the sire signal box off and back on and it did not come back on after that. Tried holding the reset button but it did not respond no matter how long I try or even when I pull the cable out and back in whilst holding for over 30 seconds which I've read elsewhere.
I think it's safe to say it has broken.
What do I do about getting a new one I don't want to shell out for another for it to break as well!
I need phone signal for emergency out of hours call outs that my job requires me to attend.
My only option is to leave Vodaphone for EE if this cannot be swiftly resolved.
Serial No. 40120244609
Registered under my partners account as she is also on Vodaphone.
2 REPLIES 2

gsmsecure
12: Established
12: Established
Try Maplin for a replacement power supply otherwise you'll need a new one.

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @digbyandrew

Sadly tech does break / fail in time and needs replacing. 

The Sure Signal comes with a 2 year manufacturing warranty.

It may also be worth trying a different power supply with the SureSignal (Version 1 & 2 ), as there have been some reports of replacement power supplies solving the issues. Even if lights / power are showing. They are available on eBay for around £10.

From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

Appreciate that you need signal and of course it makes good sense to use a network that supplies this where you work, Live and commute.

I always suggest to use a Payg SIM card to fully test this out. Don't rely on online network checkers. 

If your phones locked to Vodafone then it's free to unlock as long as you meet the criteria. Link > Unlocking.

If your thinking of leaving I assume your on Payg or at the end of your monthly contract. If not at the end then you would have to pay an Early Termination Fee. 

However you decide to proceed I wish you well. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.