cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3 bandwidth limit? - anyone run V3 on 2Mbps?

PMOsb
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,  I'm new to VF and new to SureSignal.   I have installed SureSignal on the express understanding it would need a minimum of 1Mbps broadband.  That is what it says in the spec sheets too.

http://devicehelp.vodafone.co.uk/filestore/devices/Vodafone/Sure%20Signal/Sure_Signal_Questions.pdf

But as I am setting it up I talked to Business Tech support (offshore) and he insists that 4Mbps is the minimum for SS v3 (and when pressed) he said V2 would work.  Basically he says SSv3 will not work on my 2Mbps broadband.

However I don't necessarily believe him, so before I send it back and abandon my 1 day old VF contracts -  

1      has anyone got a SSv3 running on a 2Mbps internet connection?

2      will a SS v2 be any better?

(I won't be using more than one 3G mobile at any one time)

Thanks in anticipation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Things develop.  After loads more tweaking router settings, I swapped out the Vodafone supplied ethernet cable. Bingo - the SS changes from flashing power to "Internet" icon and starts showing in my router.   This seems crazy considering the SS had already logged on to VF servers yesterday with that apparently defective cable.   Trouble shooting is so difficult this way.  NB  It would be so helpful for there to be a detailed manual for SS that explained what each light does and the startup sequences and what the SS is doing for the hour initialisation etc.   I know VF want to portray SS to be plug and go... but it often isn't.

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bronzy_1

The Sure Signal can run on lower speeds, it's just not recommended. As long as you have the minimum of 2.84mbps download and 0.83mbps upload, it'll work.

I can see that you connected late last night and again this morning, are you still having difficulties?

We've just resent the software as there may have been a corrupt file so you'll see the Sure Signal lights flashing, once they have settled to red, white, white and off please reset the device as follows.

Perform a reset of the Sure Signal:

-Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.

-Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.

-Once the lights come back on, release the button.

DaveCD

bronzy_1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi Dave, I've done that but still cannot make a call. I get SMS and I can browse the web on 3G but, in or out going calls just stop immediately with call failed error. ;(

Is there any other diagnostics I can try from this end? My rural life is great apart from the distinct lack of connectivity.

Hi bronzy_1,

Your Sure Signal connected to our servers last night at 22:40, are you still getting failed calls?

If you are, try the unit in a different location, that of a friend or family member.

If you still see the same issue, we’ll need to look into this for you.

Email us here and we’ll be with you as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Andy