Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal broken again

plumes
4: Newbie

After several weeks of configuration "issues" my Sure Signal worked for several weeks.  There were issues including dropped calls and overheating.  Now it seems to be not working again.

The red light is on, the next light flashes and the other two are off.

£100 for something to make the phone I pay a large monthly fee for is bad enough but can the Sure Signal really be so unreliable or have I just been sold a dodgy one?  What's the exchange process?

Is there no phone number I can call or do I have to rely on these forums?

Many thanks

Stephen

22 REPLIES 22

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Stephen,

Overall the Sure Signal is a great device that will give a 3G signal when you currently have very little or none.

I don’t agree that the unit isn’t ‘fit for purpose’ as we’ve not been able to determine where the cause of your issue lies.

If your Sure Signal does overheat, all the lights will flash at the same time.

You may find moving the device to a different mains socket with more ventilation will solve this.

The majority of the time, we can resolve Sure Signal issues via the forum with the information that Matt has asked for and the troubleshooting thread he’s linked to.

Cheers,

Andrew

plumes
4: Newbie

Hi Dave

I've written but had no response so I was trying to take a measure of how long to leave it.

My inclination is towards legal proceedings but I wanted to go through the process first to see if everyone could be saved the time that will entail.

Many thanks

Stephen

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi plumes, 

The team try to contact you within 48 hours of receipt of the letter although there is a small delay at the moment. 

If you'd like me to check it's been received drop us an email and we'll let you know. 

Take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks,

Kay