cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal solid red light only - worked fine until a month ago - will a resync help

AliceRClark
4: Newbie

I have a Sure Signal serial 40121424747 which worked fine until a few weeks ago. I am wondering if this is to do with the software upgrade that has been applied by Vodafone. Are there some new requirements?
Now I just have a solid red light.
I have checked that it is registered (an re-registered it just in case), and that it has an Internet connection (cable through to lap top and then access Internet)
If I reset or switch off it shows the @ and phone sign briefly, then goes dark, then both flash for a few minutes, then both switch off. It retries after a while. I have been trying this (with an IT engineer) for some days.
We have a Draytek Vigor 2750 router and BT Infinity. (We have installed this as the BT supplied one - which worked fine from August) was doing the same thing)
I have tried and registered a second VSS (purchased last week) and it behaves exactly the same. I have swapped out all the cables and all they all behave the same.
I have read that a resync can work. Please could you do that for me?

11 REPLIES 11

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thanks

Matt

eForum Team

Hi AliceRClark,

Thanks for your post.

Have you checked the troubleshooting guide that Matt linked to above?

I’ve re-synced your device today so let me know if this resolves the problem. If not, follow the steps in our troubleshooting guide and post your results here.

Thanks,

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

I have exactly the same issue as Alice.  Please can you resync my VSS as well.  What details do you need from me to do that?

Thanks,

Malcolm

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi malbry,

Your serial number would be a fantastic start :Winking_smiley:

Cheers,

LeeH

Thanks for the reply. Strangely enough, the problem has now resolved itself. Maybe you guessed the serial number 🙂

Regards,
Malcolm

BBGN
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

i have very similar symptoms to the OP...

My sure signal is stuck with the power light on and steady, all others off - occasionally the internet light pulses slowly, but then returns to be silent.  This has been its behaviour on 2 seperate internet connections.

The status of the device when logging into your website is "Registered"

I have already tried resetting the device.

your troubleshooter does not contain an error light pattern matching the one i am experiencing.

my serial number is 40132602141

could you uys check it out your end please?

Cheers

Gary

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi BBGN, 

Your Sure Signal hasn't connected to our servers since the 19th November. I've done a resync to get this updated for you, please do a reset to complete the process;

-Hold in the reset button until all lights go solid

-Pull the power lead out with the reset button still pushed in

-Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead

-Wait for all lights to come on and then release the reset button

Thanks, 

Kay

Hi,

This is a V3 Suresignal, so there is no power cable... however...

Pushing and holding in the reset button does nothing - i held it in for over 2 mins just to be sure! nothing changes on the lights.

please advise,

Gary

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Gary,

Once you push the reset button, the lights should go out.

Hold the button in for 30 seconds and then release it.

The Sure Signal will then go through the reboot sequence.

If this doesn’t help, we’ll need some additional information from you. Can you provide the following please:-

Your Sure Signal serial number.
Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

Cheers,

Andrew