Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal webpage and help

millet2010
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Ok, I resort to coming here after 4 days of bull from live chat, phone calls and a manager contacting me :Sad_face: V Long story short - I had my SIM card replaced (same number / same contract) that arrived last Thursday. I went from signal to none :Sad_face: On Friday (and Saturday and Sunday) tried to access the website - no joy - tried live chat, speaking to an operator (three times!) and a manager and STILL have no signal on my phone at home despite the Sure Signal appearing to work - PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!

I have been told everything from "I've reset it and it will work in 30 minutes" to "It will work in 6 hours" to "It will work in 24 hours" to "You are not the registered owner so we can't help"!!!

VF sent me a replacement Sure Signal years ago and until recently have been managing this online no issues - now I have a phone with shiny new SIM that is entirely useless and a Sure Signal that appears to be working but similarly useless!!

HELP............................

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@millet2010

My Vodafone was updated yesterday and you can now manage your Sure Signal.

When a SIM is changed, you need to remove the number as advised by @drey_p.

Once this has been done, reset the Sure Signal and add the number back on.

The final step is to reset the phone whilst in range of the Sure Signal. 

Let us know if you have any further issues.

View solution in original position

114 REPLIES 114

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@cggardiner I've had a look at your Sure Signal via the serial number and can see it's not made a connection in a long period of time. 

You'll need to try the following steps for help: 

• Turn off your Sure Signal and your router 
  • Unplug your Sure Signal 
  • Power up your router and allow 30 minutes for it to set up
  • Plug your Sure Signal in (will allow your router to assign your device an IP address). 

If you're still not able to get a connection, you'll need to try a different ethernet cable. Failing that, kindly test the device in an alternative location. 

Hello

Thanks for the posting..

No, this has an IP address each time, and it does connect to the router.. no changes..

Yes I have re-booted all and tried this on other addresses  different routers and cables.. This is not a router or my local network problem this end.. but at Vodafone..

After re-setting, the software download takes place and reboots the uint..

No ports are blocked and speed is all fine.

Please recall all was fine uyntil; de-register and re-register..

This was on 1st - 4th August..

Thank you

regards

CGG

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@cggardiner It sounds like you have a faulty Sure Signal box. I'd recommend arranging a repair

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure why this should be faulty.. all OK until de-registered and re-registered..

However, I understand warrant is 2 years?  If so do I return via customer services?

Thanks

CGG

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@cggardiner That is correct. See our repair page for all the ways to arrange this. 

Thank you.

I have phoned the Vodafone helpline and been advised to take it to my local Vodafone store for repair or replacement..  Now in hand..

Thanks

CGG

@cggardiner

Glad to hear you've had some help with this.

If you need any help in the future, just let us know.

cggardiner
4: Newbie

Hi

My Sure Signal will not connect to phone after new nano sim used. New phone etc same number.

After advise to de-regester sure signal and re-register after 24 hours and re-setting, the Sure Signal has one flashing white light and the red ligh only.

can Vodafone reset this?

Thanks

CGG

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @cggardiner

Usually this 24 hour timeframe works. 

This eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to Help where they can. All posts are read by them.

Sure Signal FAQs

Vodafone Sure Signal Troubleshooting Guide.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Many thanks..

Still not working after 48 hours and resetting etc.

Connected via fibre internet for minimum 1mb upload required by Tech Support. They said all look OK at Vodafone servers.. still no updating of device..

Worked perfectly until deregister/reregister (on old phone and old SIM)

Any help much apprecatied as 2G signal is all that is OK(!)