cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal V1 - Full signal, Outgoing calls and messages ok but no incoming whatsoever.

jsssuresignal
2: Seeker

Evening All,

I need help with my sure signal, it was purchased years ago and until about 7 days ago worked fine 99.9% of the time. I originally purchased it to use with a personal Pay Monthly SIM only package and registered it with those details additionally I added my Voda business/work number to the unit through the online logon.

After about two year I ported my registered number over to Talkmobile (still using the Vodafone backbone) and continued to use the device for both handsets.

I moved house after that but continued to use my suresignal at the new adress as reception was worse (similar postcode area but different postcose nethertheless).

I've now come back from long hospital stay to find the device will allow both devices to display a full signal and make both outgoing calls and SMS but will not allow any incoming, easy I thought, reboot device job done, no luck with that so waited a couple of days thinking core network outage or ISP firewall issue. No joy can ping the relevent IP's.

Did some forum hunting a tried to log back onto my account, doesn't seem to exist anymore, online realtime support couldn't help but asked it i'd like a call back, fine if I had network service but I don't they then asked me to call 191, fine but no service.

From what I've read and assumed the account needs logging back onto the postcode ammending to a false one and then changing back to the new one.

How can I log back onto my account, I don't exist, but still want to use it for my work phone, I own the suresignal s/n is 21223121720 Sagem?

Please help, don't make me move everthing to 3 mobile who seem to be the only provider with coverage here.

Thanks J

5 REPLIES 5

jsssuresignal

tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    79 ms    99 ms    99 ms  [192.168.REMOVED]
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3    25 ms    30 ms    31 ms  02780956.bb.sky.com [2.120.9.86]
  4    25 ms    25 ms    24 ms  ae51.edge6.London1.Level3.net [212.113.9.53]
  5    25 ms    24 ms    24 ms  vl-3613-ve-237.csw2.London1.Level3.net [4.69.166
.82]
  6    62 ms    24 ms    24 ms  ae-228-3604.edge3.London1.Level3.net [4.69.166.1
58]
  7    55 ms    23 ms    23 ms  CABLE-WIREL.edge3.London1.Level3.net [195.50.124
.138]
  8    25 ms    25 ms    24 ms  ae22-xcr1.lns.cw.net [195.2.30.61]
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Speed test is showing 10mb down and just under 1mb up.

Hi jsssuresignal,

Your speed test and traceroute are both fine.

The serial number you’ve given is showing as deregistered.

If you login to your admin dashboard on your My Vodafone, you’ll be able to re-register it.

Once you’ve done this, do a factory reset of your Sure Signal:

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove both the Ethernet cable and power lead
  • Re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights display, release the reset button
  • Re-insert the Ethernet cable.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around one hour

Thanks,

Andy

Can't log on to the portal/my account, it's now expired.

Vodafone Tech cs on 191 said they can't help with this unless I set it all up again on my business number which I'm not the account holder and don't have access to the billing platform.

I get the impression this regularily has an impact on many customers and is at VF end.

Off to similar miserable service at 3 mobile (albeit with network coverage) and a corporate misery switch to EE.

Put all your eggs in the 4g basket and let existing punters be left swimming in tarmac.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jsssuresignal.

Is there another number that you could register the Sure Signal with?

Contact us here and we'll take a look at why you can't register.

DaveCD