Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal Broken and needs resynch

solvetech
4: Newbie

Hi

I have gone thru the troubleshooting guides. Tried resetting the box etc but I do not get the normal lights showing - just the power light.

I need this resynching please. I have no phone signal at all so messaging will not get to me.

Serial number is 21196952341

65 REPLIES 65

Apparently SureSignal is currently out of stock with no delivery date! I have had no phone for almost 2 weeks what am I supposed to do?

I can believe I cannot get a delivery date. There is a rumour that V4 is coming out but I need a date

Hi solvetech, 

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

We don't have a delivery date unfortunately. You can order one online and you'll be kept up to date on the order by email. 

Thanks, 

Kay

OK recieved the new SureSignal and it does not work either so you can rule that out as a cause of the issue.

I keep coming back to the same issue. A tracert to the Vodafone IP does not work either from within my network or direct from the ISP who is called SharedBand. I have been happily using the ISP and Suresignal for more than 3 years.

The ISP and I are convinced Vodafone is blocking traffic from their network - how else do you explain tracert failing from their head office on multiple leased lines? At some point we believe Vodafone is blocking tracert from SharedBand networks. This is why I cannot get a signal. I have been without a mobile signal for over 2 weeks now and it is unacceptable.

Hi solvetech, 

Our Sure Signals are designed for home broadband.

Reading more information on SharedBand (and leased lines), this isn't a setup we support. I understand you've previously had it working fine, however when it goes wrong it's not something we're trained to provide support on. 

Thanks, 

Kay

So when I cancel my phone contract because you do not support industry standard leased lines you are happy to be quoted as saying this?

Ok then perhaps you can help me with returning the new SureSignal I ordered. How do I go about this please?

I was advised to get a new SureSignal and if it did not fix the issue then I can return it for a full refund. Hmm. I took the advice and got a new one and it did not fix the problem.

So for two days and 9 telephone calls later I cannot get anyone at Vodafone to tell me how to return it or even ask for a return - ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi solvetech,

If you ordered it over the phone or online, please call 191 (or 03333 040191) option 3 for the returns team. They will send you a returns pack.

If it was purchased in store, you'll need to take it back to the same branch.

Thanks,

Ben

Yes that's the theory but no-one in customer services could help. I spent hours on the phone and made 8 calls about it. Eventually I was told to take it to a local store but they refused to take it. I spoke to another customer services person yesterday who said that taking it to the store was the only option. I have been assured they will take it back next time. Not a good experience. Something wrong with vodafones procedures. I spoke to at least half a dozen people.

I believe Vodafone have changed the vodafone servers IP addresses used by Suresignal and this is why it broke.

Can you please confirm what IP addresses the Vodafone servers will use to communicate with the SureSignal device.