Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Surestart v3 headache!

Servlan
4: Newbie

Im ready for throwing this Surestart out of the window.  Since purchasing the unit I have found that I cannot register this against my business account, so it has to be assigned to my partners account.

Needless to say we got it up and running and today I had a power cut only to find out it is flashing red and two amber lights - yet when I follow the reset sequence, it does not turn off after 30 seconds (and when I release it switches the unit off)...

Tried to speak to Vodafone but because I am not the primary account holder they cannot give me support.

Vodafone, please help otherwise I will return this item as it is not fit for purpose.

Many thanks

Paul King

27 REPLIES 27

Hi there, tried de-registering unit but still no joy.  Also tried port clamping but this isnt working.

I think this is a duff unit.

Will be taking it back to the shop.

Cheers everyone.

Paul.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’re aware that quite a few of you are experiencing similar issues with your Sure Signals.

We’re currently investigating this and will update you as soon as we know more.

Servlan
Dear Vodafone,

Any news yet - the silence is killing me!

24hrs before I dump this inferior product at your retail store!

seangrc1
Morning all,my sure signal had stop working with BT hub for 2 day I tried everything possible to get it to work,suddenly it's working this morning I can't help but think there was a problem between Voda & BT which must have been sorted,lack of communication from Voda again if they would just put out an announcement it would keep most people happy...

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

This issue has now been resolved. 

Moving forward you may need to unplug your router and Sure Signal for up to 10 minutes, before reconnecting them both.

Servlan
It works! Vodafone what have you done? Clearly something at your end I guess???

No wait spoke too soon.

Clearly Vodafone you have fixed the connection issue but this has had an effect on how the phone operates with the SureStart.  Im getting no signal on my phone whereas before I was getting full bar.

Comeon Vodafone!!!  Sort this out please.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Servlan

Please power down your router and Sure Signal device for 10 minutes before powering them back on. Some routers won't recover service until powered down. 

If this doesn't resolve the issue, try another Ethernet cable so we can rule out the connection as the problem.

Please try connecting your Sure Signal in another location, such as a friend or family member's house. You’ll need to leave it connected for at least 24 hours.

We'll then be able to determine if the problems are specific to your location and router or with the Sure Signal itself.