Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Thin Lizzy were right...Dont believe a word

bluesnappa
4: Newbie

Still not sure if £69 has been wasted for a SureSignal. How long do I have to wait to get my number recognised by vodafone sure signal? Been with vodafone for 3 months, been paying a bill for 3 months and told that I will be up and running in 48 hours...another 24 hours...after the weekend...in 24 hours...well it is now 36 hours on and nothing. I am not impressed. So if you are waiting for something...dont believe a word about the time it will take.

46 REPLIES 46

@bluesnappa

Have you emailed us as per @Cailen ‘s PM?

If so, what is your auto response reference number?

bluesnappa
4: Newbie
Wayne all the numbers I have been issued with are in this thread. I was told by the 191 team to just wait and they would sort it ... But how long they didn't say. If you could light the touch paper that would be great.

spoke for the umpteenth time to 191 via another vodafone and the guy said...sounds like your sim is faulty. He had me do a reset and determined that this was the cause and he would send me a new sim card that should fix the problem. I am grateful to him if indeed it does solve the problem, but he came to that decision in about 2 mins of me resetting things and observing the data on his screen that my phone was sending. I dont know why all the other operatives that i have spoken to have been so useless in determining the problem. It comes down to the quality of the staff that are employed by Vodafone hmmm...

I'll let you know if the sim cures the problem.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bluesnappa

I'm unable to locate your email using the reference number provided (11913292) on your earlier post.

When you emailed us using the link provided, you'll have received an auto response. Please let us know the case ref (looks like [#11234567]) from this and we'll be happy to chase this for you.

So tried to register the sim on line...message said it can take up to 12 hours. 17 hours later still not registered. Went to on line support and a person took all my details and then activated the sim card. Great I thought...dialled 191 and was told 'dont recognise number'. Called 191 on another phone and a guy called Mark at the sure signal problem desk said he didn't know why I had been told a new sim would fix it. He said he could see the name of the guy who had said that and would pass this on to a higher level for him to be dealt with as a new sim card would fix nothing. He rang third level tech support to be told they would get round to dealing with my problem. I asked him how long, so he rang third level tech a second time to be told that it could take days, even weeks and maybe months. :Sad_face:

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@bluesnappa We're sorry to hear this. 

As per Mark's previous comment, please let us know your auto reply email reference (it looks like #11234567) and we'll look into this. 

If you didn't receive an auto reply email, please complete the form that Cailen provided via DM once more and we'll help. 

12219394 is the number

@bluesnappa

I can see our team have cotnacted you regarding this earlier today.

If you need any further help, just let us know.

Thanks.

yep and nothing has changed...it could be days, weeks or months...just when the uk third level tech get round to it. :Sad_face:

@bluesnappa

So that we can take a further look at this, please return our latest email.

Thanks.