Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to Buy SSV3

tiggerse17
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Having joined VF only 8 weeks ago as we were told they had excellent 4G, 3G and E coverage - this was not actually correct and have been told 'I' need to buy a Sure Signal device so i can use the service I thought I had already paid for.

Why then Vodafone are methiods by which you expect your customers to order/buy accessories unable to help:

1. Vodafone Shops - of the 3 I have been into they have all told me  'oh you need to ring 191 and ordered from them

2. Even ringing 191 then helping the person on the other end work through their script to eventually get to the point of what it is I need to order only to be told  'oh I'm sorry we cant order that for you, you need to go into a shop or order online'

3. Your website is currently it would seem no accepting orders, on select the 'order' button and error emssage is returned stating the 'link is broken or the page is unavailable' not particularly helpful.

So VF what is the issue, is there no stock? if so shouldnt your website and staff be made aware of this so they can inform your customers and advise when stocks will be available and secondly and more importantly what are VF going to do about the missed calls we expereincing or the fact we cant make telephone calls from within our own home yet we are still paying for a service we cant use?

PLEASE PLEASE sort out your customer service and network issues/signal strength or offer your customers discounts for a sub standard service, I am sure if I started to reduce the amount I am paying each month and only paid for when I can use it I am sure you might not be too happy either.

6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @tiggerse17

It’s correct that Sure Signals are currently out of stock online. However, I can’t see store stock.

I’ve reported the broken link on our site when you go to add the Sure Signal to the basket.

I can only advise to keep checking the website for further updates.

Thanks,

Simon

Simon - this is becoming a major problem.  When will Vodafone sort out it's Supply Chain to get these back in stock.  Both new orders and replacements are not being shipped and all we are told is "none in stock and we dont have a delivery date" - which to me, implies that there are none on order from the Manufacturer - or you would know a shipping date from Taiwan/China/wherever.

Can you confirm that VF do intend to stock VSS units going forwards, or do I have to put in for a refund and re-order when you finally get stock in ? (mine was returned under warranty and confirmed dead, so a replacement needed).

//Tim

I would agree with the above. I've not been able to  order in the last 4 weeks, The mark up on these units must be big (100 pounds is not a small sum). I had a chat with someone in sales 2 weeks ago and they said go ahead and order your new phone as they are expecting a massive delivery shortly, As I don't trust anyone in sales I took this with a pinch of salt. Some feeback i gave at the time.....

- Why is the website increadibly poorly designed? Instead of staying 'out of stock; it just says '??????' which is completely confusing

- Why can nobody give an estimate of when they are going to be in stock?

- Why are there stock issues? It's a £100 thing that looks like a plug. Surely a supplier would be jumping through hoops to make them for a decent markup.

- If they are out of stock why can't you be emailed when they are in stock? Checking a page that just says '???????' for 4 weeks in not productive use of my time.

Some of these things are so simple yet so frustratingly carried out by Vodafone. It's a shame as my experince so far has been decent as a new customer but it has put my wife off getting a vodafone contract as we have no siginal in the house.

If you live in London, the new store in Penge still had one in stock. Now we have one we can at least use our phones at home and has made a massive difference.

I had the same issue online - clicking add to basket just displayed "????????" on the screen. No great website experience!!1

However the friendly chat bot informed me it's out of stock as "there is a new model being released in the first or second week of Dec [2014]"

Hope this helps,

uk_coops
4: Newbie
Thanks that is useful info ... Makes a little more sense if they are bringing out a new model. They certainly need to work on their comms!