Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS3 - Flashing Red Power and Solid Phone Light

neilmw1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I've had a VSS3 since my original model broke last year.  Since getting this one it's been hit and miss, but hasn't worked at all for about a month or so now.  It gets very very hot, and the power light flashes, and the phone symbol just stays on solid.  Nothing else happens at all; I've tried resetting it, following numerous posts on this forum, and have even changed routers twice.  I've put the VSS3 in the DMZ so there are no firewall restrictions, however I also tried opening ports and setting DNS to a public one (8.8.8.8).  

Completely out of ideas, can it be checked from the Vodafone end to see if it is even connecting?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

MclarenF1
4: Newbie

Dear Vodafone.

I bought a Vodafone Sure Signal V3 2nd June 2013 - Since having Opened this today & Registering it & Connecting it to my Broadband Router.

I'm getting the following happen on the Device - Red Power Light Flashing - Mobile Phone Light Solid Orange.

What could possibly be the problem here? I've done Factory Reset by Holding down the Reset button next to the Ethernet Ports for 30 Seconds - But nothing is happening after this has been done.

My Vodafone Sure Signal Serial Number: (Hidden as requested)

Is there something your end that this could be Resolved?

Kind regards.

MclarenF1
....... Please Dis-Regard My Above Message And Take No Action.

I've Now Desided To De-Register My Vodafone Sure Signal V3 From The Service.

Should I Wish To Re-Register My Device In The Near Future I Will Contact Yourselves.

MclarenF1
.... Please would you Delete all Comments above- Associated with me Including this One.

Don't want Anyone seeing my Vodafone Sure Signal Serial Number.

Thanks.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

neilmw1Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results here if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

MclarenF1 - I've amended your post to hide the Sure Signal details as requested. If you need any further support, feel free to use the troubleshooting guide above. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Hi Ben,

I've followed the guide and can confirm the VSS3 is not picking up an IP address.  I've tried 3 cables, 2 routers, and have even set up an additional DHCP server to try to get it to pick up an address from there.  I've tried reserving addresses, leaving it dynamic, and also a debug log to see if it even tries to pick up an address - no response from the unit at all.

The reset button is also not working, I held it in for 30 seconds, the lights did not come on - tried this whilst powered on, and also holding reset as I plugged it in.  

There are no port forward restrictions/speed issues as the unit was working previously but I've confirmed the required ports are open on the firewall, and the connection is 9mb down, 1mb up. This problem started since the unit started getting really hot, before then it worked fine.

The serial is: 40124216397

Thanks.

Hi neilmw1, 

I've checked your Sure SIgnal and it hasn't updated with us since February so I've forced a resynch through now - can you try another reset and see how you get on?

• Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Paul 

Hi Paul, 

Think that has sorted it out, the normal lights are on now and I made a successful test call.  I'll post on here if it goes wrong again.

Thanks 

i have moved my vss3 from one location plugged into my pc where it worked fine to another location plugged into a laptop on the same broadband circuit.Now it is red light flashing phone symbol solid orange. Suggestions  please?

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi robforsyth

I can see your Sure Signal connected to our servers about an hour ago. Can you confirm everything is running ok now?

Thanks

Sukhi