Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Sure Signal, worth it or not

nahid786
2: Seeker

I am new to Vodafone but I am appalled by the non existent coverage in my home. I have been looking on the interent and have found the Sure Signal device. Can I not not get this for free? I am paying for a service! Also, a few questions, does the Sure Signal support Gigabit Ethernet, does it use much power, does it use much internet speed? 

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @nahid786

The device is a really useful tool for those that have fringe coverage in the home and have access to Broadband wifi. 

Lots of useful information in What-is-Vodafone-Sure-Signal.

"All you need is:

- Home broadband: You’ll need a fixed-line home broadband connection with a minimum speed of 1 Mbps to use Vodafone Sure Signal version 1 and 2. The latest version, version 3,

requires a slightly higher speed.

As the number of phones using the Sure Signal at once increases, so does the minimum broadband speed. So if you’re using the maximum of eight devices at the same time, you’ll need to have a download speed of at least 4.13Mbps. You can check your download speed by running a broadband speed test, you can find these online. Bear in mind that if you’re using the internet a lot, it could impact on your Sure Signal’s performance, like using your phone while downloading large files or online gaming. It works with the majority of broadband providers and most routers. However, not all are compatible with Sure Signal. Don’t worry, you’ve got seven days to return it to us if it’s not. Just so you know, Sure Signal doesn’t work with satellite broadband, WiMax, bonded lines, or secure firewalls.
- Sure Signal box available from us at a one-off cost.
- Your device must be a Vodafone 3G compatible mobile phone or tablet."

Every network has fringe coverage and not spot areas which is covered in networks T&C . This is one of the reasons the network gives an initial 14 days cooling off period so a person can test service where they live , work and commute so they can make an informed decision to stay with Vodafone or not. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Nabs

Hi @nahid786

I personally love my Sure Signal, it's made a big difference at home where for many years I lived right on the edge to coverage. It made my phone usable again! 

In terms of price, due to my location i got mine heavily discounted, i had been a customer for a number of years. It's worth asking the question on a live chat session and see if they can do anything for you though, each case is different.

@BandOfBrothers has already covered the technical questions so i'll not repeat those :smileywink:

nahid786

How far does the signal of the Sure Signal reach? 

BandOfBrothers

Hello @nahid786

From What-is-Vodafone-Sure-Signal.

"Sure Signal creates a 3G signal around your home by using your home broadband connection. It’s ideal if you're in a basement flat, have really thick walls or live out in the countryside.

Typically the signal reaches about 30 metres - plenty for most homes. Make sure to put your Sure Signal somewhere so that its signal can reach all areas of your home - thick walls, for example, can impact signal strength."

Current Phone  >

Nabs

In my experience it has a slightly better range than a standard WiFi network.
My Wifi weakens by the tim i get to the edge of my garden, on a good day my VSS will usualy reach across the street

BandOfBrothers

Have you tried splitting frequencies in your router @Nabs ?

Mines been heaps better since I did in my HH5. 

Current Phone  >

Nabs

@BandOfBrothers i've got a cellular Wifi network with 4 SSID's on 2.4GHz (intelligent channel selection) and 2 SSID's on 5GHz (auto set 2 diff channels) :smileywink:

Unfortunatly my phone's don't support WiFi calling though so having such a good setup hasn't helped there, it's the long front garden thats the problem. haha

Just a side thought @nahid786 does your phone support WiFi calling? it might get you around having to use a Sure Signal.

BandOfBrothers

@Nabs

Being well aware of your technical knowledge I was hoping my leading question would draw that out of you.

Very nice set up. :smileytongue:

Current Phone  >