Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sure signal 3 range problem

pdbirch
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi - what should the range be of the Sure Signal for a full mobile signal?

I get full signal when stood next to the unit with my iPhone5, but in my study where I need to use the phone this drops away and fluctuates between zero and two bars. The distance between the Sure Signal box and the Study is about 18 yards and no thick walls in between. The SS box is out in the open not in a cupboard or anything. I previously had a Blackberry which had no problems. But since switching to iPhone 5 last week the range has been patchy. Do I need to re-register? Its the same phone number but obviously a different type of SIM. Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi 

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt - here you go...

Download spped 2.88

Upload 0.15

Ping 275ms

IP: 193.132.159.169

Traceroute:

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1   151 ms    45 ms    47 ms  172.19.103.193   2   219 ms    47 ms   126 ms  172.19.103.198   3     *        *        *     Request timed out.   4     *        *        *     Request timed out.   5     *        *        *     Request timed out.   6     *        *        *     Request timed out.   7     *        *        *     Request timed out.   8     *        *        *     Request timed out.   9     *        *        *     Request timed out.  10     *        *        *     Request timed out.  11     *        *        *     Request timed out.  12     *        *        *     Request timed out.  13     *        *        *     Request timed out.  14     *        *        *     Request timed out.  15     *        *        *     Request timed out.  16     *        *        *     Request timed out.  17     *        *        *     Request timed out.  18     *        *        *     Request timed out.  19     *        *        *     Request timed out.  20     *        *        *     Request timed out.  21     *        *        *     Request timed out.  22     *        *        *     Request timed out.  23     *        *        *     Request timed out.  24     *        *        *     Request timed out.  25     *        *        *     Request timed out.  26     *        *        *     Request timed out.  27     *        *        *     Request timed out.  28     *        *        *     Request timed out.  29     *        *        *     Request timed out.  30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there pdbirch,

The range of the VSS should be about 30 metres.

Having siad that your upload speed is really slow. The VSS needs a mimimum of 0.30Mbps to successfully handle a call. Does anyone ever mention the call quality to you?

You'd be able to hear the person you're calling/who calls you but you would sound very broken or even underwater at those speeds.

Cheers,

LeeH

Yes sometimes the call drops or has poor reception. This is reflected in only having 1-2 bars of reception as I get further away from the SS box (which is right next to the Broadband Router).

I guess what is puzzing me is that it was fine with my Blackberry but not so good with the iPhone?

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pdbirch, 

Having a new SIM card can cause issues so it's definitely worth removing your number for 24 numbers and then reregistering. 

Give this a try and let us know how you get on. 

Kay

Can you advise ho to do this?

I am the Owner but the only user listed is my wife. How do I remove my number then add it again (after 24 hours as you advised)

Thanks

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pdbirch, 

As you're the owner you will need to deregister the Sure Signal altogether, this does mean your Wife's number will be removed as well. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Hi Kay

Presumably I then just re-register it again with all the same details?

How long should I leave it between deregistering and re-registering?

Thanks

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pdbirch,

That's correct, you just need to register with the same details. If you leave it 24 hours that will be fine. 

Kay