Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Refunds or compensation for Pre Orders

slevuk
4: Newbie

Due to none delivery of our promised orders I think Vodafone should refund all these advanced payments they have taken,

Why should we wait upto 6 weeks for delivery when you have already taken the upfront payment, this should not of been taken until you were ready for despatch.

The very least Vodafone should now do is offer every customer compensation for each week we have to wait.

14 REPLIES 14

DanielJohnson
3: Seeker
Hi there,

Have you been told it could be 6 weeks before you get your. Ew iphone?

Live chat said 4-6 weeks for Iphone 7 plus models

DanielJohnson
I have just recieved my tracking number and on the DPD tracking app it says estimated delivery date is today but on the email from vodaphone says it will be delivered on Monday (confused face)

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@DanielJohnson wrote:
I have just recieved my tracking number and on the DPD tracking app it says estimated delivery date is today but on the email from vodaphone says it will be delivered on Monday (confused face)

I would probably go with the DPD app.  See if it is out for delivery at bit later on.  Also, in a few hours you should end up with your allocated time slot, so you will know soon enough if it is or isn't out for delivery.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @slevuk

From past experience Pre Ordering an iPhone does not guarantee that one would be allocated and despatched. :Sad_face:

This inevitably  happens across the board with Apple new products launches. 

That said it wouldn't harm to ask for some form of Goodwill gesture when your order has been satisfied. 

I hope you recieve it soon. .

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

eafinn
@BandOfBrothers

It's unacceptable for Vodafone to allow you to pre-order a phone with the explicit promise (it's written right on the page) that you will receive one on 16/09 and then not deliver on that.

Many of us have received assurances several times that we will take delivery on the 16th, many more of us have had no communication whatsoever.

If they're going to say that pre-ordering doesn't guarantee getting one then this should be clearly stated and no up front cost should be required at the time of ordering. That's the hi-tech equivalent of me paying for a pizza I may or may not recieve in two weeks time.

Yup, ordered it from the website seeing the "Delivery on 16th September" thing. I was planning to wait a few weeks but decided to go for it since they were guaranteeing delivery on launch day!

As late at 8.30am this morning I'm being told my phone is on it's way. Of course it's not, and I still have *no* communication as to when I can expect it, or even a "Sorry we didn't meet our promise; we'll keep you informed".

For a telecommunications company you'd think they'd be able to communicate?

rachaelgo13
I ordered the iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black 128gb and have been told 3 times this week, including once yesterday it would be delivered today. This is after having issues with Vodafone for 3 months now!
Received a text at half 1 this morning to say they'd update me in 3 days! It's just not on. I understand people saying pre-orders aren't guaranteed on the day but don't tell me if will come if you don't actually know!! I made plans to be off work based on the information from Vodafone.

eafinn
@ rachaelgo13

At least you got a text...