Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone's Apple Reseller ID

PleaseHelpMe123
1: Seeker

Hi,

Like many organisations may eventually utilise, we have decided to enrol our Apple devices (purchased as part of a Vodafone business tariff) on to the Apple Deployment Program.

In order to sign up for this, Apple request several pieces of information including your business D-U-N-S number but also the Apple reseller ID from the company you obtained the devices from.

I have tried contacting Vodafone custtomer services for this info who were unable to provide.

Please can someone let me know Vodafone's Apple Reseller ID so that our business can register our devices on Apple new deployment program? This is the final step and we are at a loss of where to find this information out as Vodafone customer services so far have been unable to provide this information.

I am sure that this will become a more frequently asked question when the uptake of the program starts to take off.

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

Nabs
17: Community Champion

That's an interesting one. I'd have thought your Vodafone business manager would have been able to supply that kind of information to be honest. 
If they are unable to help then one of the Vodafone team may be able to find out for you, it can take them several days to reply though, depending on how busy they are it may be quicker.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @PleaseHelpMe123 

Your account manager should be able to provide this information for you. 

Thanks,

Amanda 

Surely it is the same for all Vodafone customers or is it the individual account manager who is the reseller in these cases?

I only ask as I'm sure everyone would prefer to know if it is generic to save everyone having to contact their account manager for the same thing when it can just be made available

Nabs

I imagine there are security implications to making it publicly available.

If there wasn't then I would have though Apple would keep a directory on their public facing site.

@PleaseHelpMe123 Was your account manager not able to give you the info?

Hi,

Was there a resolution found for this issue?

I've called Vodafone for this Reseller ID they they have said that they don't support DEP, which was more than a little suprising. 

As this is a feature I'm unaware of myself, I'll find out as much information about this and get back to you as soon as possible.

GojuSuzi
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
I thought DEP was only available where the devices were purchased direct via Apple? If I'm right, that's mean devices taken as part of a contract through a carrier such as Vodafone are ineligible. That'd make sense, since Apple would not be able to support carrier-specific software tweaks in the rollouts as easily as with 100% 'raw' devices. Although I may be wrong, it has been a while since I looked into it and it was only passing curiosity.

Hi,

No, from Nov 2014 Apple allowed 3rd party resellers to provide DEP to their customers. 

https://www.apple.com/business/dep/

Below are a couple 3rd party companies that state that they offer DEP and show the Reseller ID on their website.

https://www.krcs.co.uk/device-enrolment-programme

http://www.academia.co.uk/dep/

So UK companies are defintely using this feature, but getting Vodafone to relinquish this information seems difficult.

@SunnyDay

My apologies for the late reply on this.

After escalating this, I can confirm that Vodafone is not currently able to supply you with a DEP Reseller ID as we don’t currently support it, however should this change then we’ll notify our customers directly.