Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 6 plus - "Could not activate cellular data network"

harry89_13
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

For the past 4-5 days, I have no internet on my phone. Everytime I am trying to use safari, mails, or another app that requires internet access, I keep getting the same message "Could not activate cellular data network".

I talked with someone from Vodafone and reassured me that there is no problem with my account and that it is a known problem of the latest iOS 8.1.1. However, I did not find anywhere any advice on how to solve it.
As the Vodafone person that helped me instructed me, I tried turning cellular data on and off, restarting the phone, resetting the network settings, backup the phone and restore it. Unfortunately, NOTHING has worked.

My Wifi works perfectly and I don't have any problems when I use internet over Wifi. I can also make/receive calls perfectly fine, as well as text messages. 

In contrast with other similar problems, I haven't changed to Vodafone from another network or anything and I have my phone for 2 months and it was working perfectly fine until now.

The Cellular Data Settings currently on my phone are the following:
image1.PNG

image2.PNG

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Harry

42 REPLIES 42

Words actually fail me as to the incompetence they have displayed for the last 2 months.  Have emailed them back as directed.  

Within my cooling off period I asked to return the phone as I was so fed up - they said they'd send me a "pack".  It took three weeks to arrive!  And it consisted of a printed piece of paper and a special delivery bag.  Sums it all up really, why there isn't an escalation process where you get to speak to someone who can help on the phone is totally beyond me.

wherespaultoday - re my suggestion 2 weeks ago i finally managed to get through to a rather rude and irate vodafone TS manager last week and was given a new number, which albeit annoying has meant that my 3g/4g has miraculously started working today.

I don't know if i'm going to get my old number back, so the issue isn't resolved, but at least i have a phone which does everything that Vodafone contracted to supply me.Just a shame its taken 4 months for them to deliver it and meant i've had to lose the number i wanted to keep.

Even worse they were clueless for 3 months and only tried giving me a new number because i requested it directly. Very very shoddy vodafone.

Vodafone, I have still not had a call back from your customer relations team.  Reverting to your line from March that 'you've raised it to your engineers AGAIN, but you can't give me any clue as to when it might be resolved' is a HUGE step backwards.

You have previously offered to end my contract, provide me a 50% refund on my line rental since november and a sizeable good will gesture.  I would like to take you up on this offer as it's now 8 months with no internet!

Please have David Hoy in your customer relations team call me so we can make this happen.  If I do not recieve the call today I will be contacting the Ombusdman and BBCs Watchdog and using as many social media networks as I can to warn others about your terrible customer service as enough is enough.