Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 7 account problems

spacecowboy
2: Seeker

I received my iPhone 7 32Gb gold today. I have put in the sim that came with it. I can make and receive calls send and receive texts. The phone shows Vodafone 3G in the top left corner however no data works. I tried to set up my free Spotify earlier but keep getting errors so called customer service and they say that the number showing is for PAYG.

Is anyone else who received there phone today having the same issues. Is this something I should worry about or will the system update in time 

18 REPLIES 18

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Is this an upgrade or new contract or have you ported from another Network. 

If it's an upgrade then use your original sim if it's a nano sim.

Check in my Vodafone online that no data bars are turned on. 

If you've ported then this happens sometimes in stages and data might not have completed yet. 

Try texting Web to 40127 and follow the instructions sent to you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It's not a upgrade it's a new line with a new number. I do have other numbers with Vodafone 

It's not an upgrade it's a new line. I do have other numbers with Vodafone 

AnnS

Hi @spacecowboy

I suspect the reason you are having these problems is because it is a new contract and number.  If the number was PAYG, it would be unlikely you would be able to calls and text.

If you have not yet synchronised to itunes to download the correct carrier settings, this needs to be done.

Full information on how to download Spotify can be found on the link below.

Spotify - Support

If you continue to have these issues at the beginning of the working week after the weekend, it will need account access and this will mean using live chat or calling Vodafone.

Elcowardo
4: Newbie
My iPhone 7 ordered as a second line is doing this. I spoke to Voda and apparently (in my case anyways) the phone number given to me is of an old dorment PAYG account that was never fully closed.

It's been escalated to a "super agent" (whatever that is) and apparently it will be sorted out on Monday as they don't work weekends.

Give them a call and give them your number and they'll know either way if that's the issue.

Retired-Sarah_L
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @spacecowboy

Is there any update on this? Or are you in the same situation as @Elcowardo and you're waiting until Monday? 

Thanks, 

Sarah

Hi Sarah This has still not been resolved. However I did pop into my local Vodafone Store in Southampton and explained the situation and he showed me a screen where there was a couple of things completed but something had failed I think he said something about the network. Hence the reason why I can make and recieve calls/text but not use data. So he phoned technical support while I was there the department that deals with it dont work weekends so should pick it up Monday it should be working Tuesday if not Wednesday at the latest.

I will update by Wednesday either way.

Hello @spacecowboy

How did you get on?

Louise

spacecowboy
Hi Louise still not working. Starting to feel a little bit disappointed now and wondering will it ever work. Really thinking about sending the phone back and cancelling the contract. Unless it gets sorted soon