Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Barred iPhone 5

leiste22
1: Seeker

Hi there,

I have been offered a iPhone5, which has been barred by Vodafone UK.

I was told that it will work outside the UK, but I do not really believe that is true.

If it does not work, is it possible to unbar it by getting in contact with Vodafone?

And can I check like the reason or possibility to unlock it, when I have the IMEI number at Hand?

Thanks in advance

leiste

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello leiste22

Vodafone won't be able to give you an information. Vodafone don't IMEI block a phone for no reason, usually because the phone has been reported lost or stolen.

Only the person who had the misfortunate to have the phone stolen can remove the block.  If there has been an insurance claim, the phone will be the property of the insurance company.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@leiste22 wrote:

Hi there,

I have been offered a iPhone5, which has been barred by Vodafone UK.

I was told that it will work outside the UK, but I do not really believe that is true.

If it does not work, is it possible to unbar it by getting in contact with Vodafone?

And can I check like the reason or possibility to unlock it, when I have the IMEI number at Hand?

Thanks in advance

leiste

Even if it were possible to get the bar lifted (which it isn't)  you would still not be able to use the phone as it needs the iCloud password of the previous owner to activate it.