Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5C Phone Delivery

spud24
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Please can someone from vofaphone explain why I was convinced to stay with them by offering me a good deal on the iPhone 5c only to then tell me it's OUT OF STOCK!! I've been waiting over a week now, receiving emails/txts saying the same thing.  Surely compensation is due, I am paying more for my contract now & I have no phone!!! :smileymad:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Your phone and airtime contract are 2 seperate entities which means that you can use your SIM in any handset.  Nothing is stopping you from using your new allowances in another handset.  You can always call up once you get the handset and see if they can offer you anything but andything they do offer is a good will gesture only.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Tragicyclist,

If you get in touch via the link Sarah provided above, we'll take a closer look at what's happening with your order.

Thanks,

Sukhi

The saga continues. After Vodafone delivery didn't turn up and nobody could tell me where it was or even if it would turn up, I got on the phone to Carphone Warehouse. iPhone 5Cs in stock ready for collection from local store if I wanted and even doing a 16Gb phone for the price of 8Gb with EE (ok I know it's the parent company for T Mobile but at least I wouldn't have to deal with - Carphone Warehouse would do it.) Just about to confirm final agreement with EE via Carphone Warehouse when truck pulled up outside with, guess what, the Vodafone delivery that no one could trace. Two hours late.

So that was 27.5 hours ago. Ever since then we've been trying activate the SIM. Yep, you know what's next. It won't activate. Spoke to five different Vodafone agents over the last hour. They said give it until tomorrow! Not sure my blood pressure will take any more of this. It's now 10 days since I started on this journey with Vodafone and it's not finished yet. Even if the SIM ever gets activated I've then got to port the old number from T Mobile. That's not going to go smoothly is it?

Thinking of writing a book when it's all over. Either it will all work or I'll blow a fuse, send the bloody thing back and call the nice lady at Carphone Warehouse - she's called Kay by the way. Thoroughly recommended.

Any half decent company would offer some sort of compensation for the hours and hours I've wasted, including whilst I was at work. One month's free rental would be a good place to start. Ha - more chance of winning the lottery.

Another day, another broken promise from Vodafone. 17:30 Sunday afternoon. Yes sir, we've checked with tthe connections team and your SIM will definitely be activated in the morning. Here we are 21:25 on Monday night. Zilch. Live chat doesn't work. Dial 191 - "Sorry we're really busy at the moment...." (when aren't you "really busy"?) I know every word of the bloody song that I've spent hours and hours listening to this last 10 days whilst I've frittered away a signifcant chunk of my life.

Aha - someone answered! After 15 minutes they've come up with a new excuse - there's a problem with my contract so I have to call back between 08:00 and 20:00. Guess they need time to invent new excuses overnight?

Meanwhile I'm loving the really useful advice I'm getting from the "technical" staff on here. Sent me a link on how to contact Vodafone!! Contact them? I'm on first name terms with the lot of them.

I'd lodge a formal complain but they'd never answer the phone.

Well I got up bright and early to begin my daily battle with Vodafone and find out what the problem was with my account, having been told last night that was the reason why the SIM had failed to activiate. Thought I'd check the 5C first. Turned it on and yes, you've guessed it, it was connected to Vodafone. So the excuse I was given last night was a blatant lie designed to get rid of me?

Right, next step, call Vodafone to get my son's old number ported across to his new 5C. Having tried to do this online before (not that you'd ever find the right page on the website unless you knew where it was) I decided to ring. When I tried this with my daughter's new phone last week the website would only let me change my number, not hers.

Three attempts to get the right menu selections. There is no selection for porting your number. So opted to change my address! Vodafone shop told me that's the best route to take for any query. Astonishingly I got through to a real person within a couple of munites. She told me where to find the online page for keeping my number and how to do it so that I change my son's number and not mine. Having got hold of a person I wasn't going to let her go so I'm afraid I made her hold (sweet!) whilst I went through it all online. I had to sing to her as I had no music for her to listen to. Process complete I received an email confirmation that the number transfer will take place tomorrow. It's always tomorrow isn't it.

So let's see, eh. I'll be back with a further update tomorrow when it fails to work. Either that or maybe I'll post a video of me eating my hat.