Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why won't you let me cancel?

JeanPauldeJong
7: Helper
7: Helper

Dear tech team,

Why won't you let me cancel my order? Vodafone says that it is too far in the process, yet Vodafone can't tell me when it will be delivered as they are awaiting stock. Surely now is the logical correct moment to cancel;

• such that no stock will be assigned to it,
  • such that it doesn't have to be picked,
  • such that it doesn't have to be packaged,
  • such that it doesn't have to be loaded on a van,
  • such that it doesn't have to be driven around the country,
  • such that it doesn't have to be delivered to my address
  • such that it doesn't have to be redelivered to my address as I wasn't in
  • such that it doesn't have to be redelivered to my address as I wasn't in again
  • such that I don't have to waste 191 staff time to arrange for a return
  • such that you don't have to come and pick up the device
  • such that you don't have to drive the device back to the warehouse
  • such that you don't have to check in the device
  • such that you don't have to mark it as returned stock
  • etc

Surely now is the opportune time to cancel such an order that you haven't fufilled yet? So why don't Vodafone allow you to cancel such an order? It doesn't make any logical sense to me, and because you unnecessarily link it to the ability to cancel (which is not correct under distance selling regulations but lets leave that for another day) you also unnecessarily annoy a long standing customer.

Why have you got this process build in?

PS. I've already logged a form to which nobody responded, it was done yesterday at 14:20 with reference number 

WRT165 [#8007152] so please not another canned response

6 REPLIES 6

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Normally orders can only be altered within the first hour of being placed, after that the order is processed and delivery made, if you don't want it you return it, you have 14 days to return it after you receive the order.

Yes that is what Vodafone keeps on saying, have you actually read my post? Do you think it makes logical sense? Why would a company want to spend extra money that they will never see a return on? Now if they have allocated stock, and it has a tracking number that it is on a van and being delivered fair enough. Here they are waiting for stock to arrive.

It just doesn't make any sense, and that was the question. You are just merely repeating what Vodafone keeps on saying....From my view, if it was being delivered now, fine...but they haven't even got the product...

63johnw
You asked a question, I gave a reply, just because its not what you want to here doesn't make it wrong.

@63johnw wrote:
You asked a question, I gave a reply, just because its not what you want to here doesn't make it wrong.

Sorry but no you didn't answer the question :Winking_smiley: What do you think the question is? Just the one in the title? I'm asking why it won't let me cancel, just because is not an answer.

63johnw
Vodafones procedures allow changes in the first hour after placing then they cannot be changed, is delivered and you can return it if you do not want it.

That is not just saying "because" 😉

@63johnw wrote:
Vodafones procedures allow changes in the first hour after placing then they cannot be changed, is delivered and you can return it if you do not want it.

That is not just saying "because" 😉

I know what Vodafone is saying, that was in my first post :Winking_smiley: But why? It doesn't make any logical sense, it costs them more money. As I say I can fully understand that if it has been picked and is labelled up waiting to go on a van, absolutely fine. However it isn't anywhere near that stage in the workflow. 

They know the customer wants to cancel since they can't fulfill the contract when they promised it would happen. They can't say when they will deliver as they don't have stock. So why not save some money for the share holders, don't sent it out when stock comes in finally as it will only be returned. You've saved money, and you have a customer that will stop complaining and chasing up in the mean time.

But more importantly not allowing to cancel is directly against the distance selling regulation 2000

The consumer has an automatic right to cancel and rescind the contract at any time from formation of the contract until seven working days after the goods are delivered; or for service contracts, seven working days after the contract was formed (this may be before the service has been performed).

I don't like having to go legal, I appreciate that Vodafone's IT equipment may not allow for this to happen, however it is clearly not compliant with the rules and regulations. But forget about that Vodafone and their forum apologists keep on ignoring the customer service element to that as well.