You are here:

iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus

Ask a question:
Rank 3: Occasional Poster

Software update

Morning. Updated my phone software this morning and ever since I've been getting this message

It looks like you?ve swapped your SIM or updated your device. To continue using data and sending picture messages, you need to update your settings manually, as your device doesn?t support automatic settings updates. Get started at vodafone.co.uk/settingsinfo

i can't find out where to do this anywhere on the pages it tells me to look. Sending the text WEB to 40127 just sends another message back to me like the one above
Message 1 of 4 (7,493 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master

Re: Software update

[ Edited ]

Hi @Dunccmpbll

When you change your SIM or update the software, you will always receive that message.

If you have the internet settings already installed on the phone and everything is working, you can safely ignore the text.

When the update is completed, it is recommended to reset the phone, this will clear any bugs left behind prior to updating.

If you synchronise to itunes, this will automatically download the carrier settings.

Message 2 of 4 (7,491 Views)

Hi @Dunccmpbll

If you dismiss that message does it go away or is it reoccurring?

Are your services working ok ?

ie Network Connection, calls, texts and data.  

image.jpeg

Message 3 of 4 (7,479 Views)
Highlighted
Rank 3: Occasional Poster

Hi guys

Yeah services still appear to be working okay

Thanks for the reassurance
Message 4 of 4 (7,421 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up