3 Dark Lines on S7 Edge Screen

ijlane
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

hi all

had my S7 edge less than 2 months

suddenly the other day 3 dark lines appeared across the screen

i googled it and found a few posts about this problem

so went online with vodafone and was informed by the advisor if i took the phone to my local store they would replace it

so off to my local store and no joy

they will repair it and i have no phone while it is away being replaced

if you turn the brightness up to full the lines disappear

the adviosor says just higher the brightness then

no i want a fully working phone which is why i went for samsung in the first place

so i have to trek back to my local store again to have it repaired

not happy with this

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Is there any Samsung Service Centres near you that you could visit for help too. 

Link > Samsung Service Centre.

If not then Samsung Uk Online Support could also help and advise. 

After 30 days of ownership Vodafone wouldn't replace but deal with under the 24 month warranty unless it was beyond economical repair. 

If a Vodafone store has a loan phone available and in stock and a persons on an eligible tariff they would provide a loan phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

You have two options to get your phone fixed - you can take it to your nearest Vodafone Store or Your nearest Samsung repair centre. Either way you will probably be without your phone for a few day whilst it gets fixed.

Out of the two options I personally would go to a Samsung repair centre - I've used them in the past and found them to be very good.

PWIAC

Dylanblenkinsop
1: Seeker
Hi did you get the screen sorted ?
I know have the same problem and will visit the Vodafone store tomo. My s7 edge is 5 months old.

Hello @Dylanblenkinsop

The best way forward is to pop into a Vodafone store and our Technical Team will take a closer look for you. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Louise

Mine just developed this fault too. Had it since May so will have to brave the "send it off for days" business (from experience, they take an absolute age to do this, though)

Poll67
1: Seeker
Happened to mine last night I emailed Samsung said it was hardware fault. Rang Vodafone today tech department said they have not heard of it happening before.
Off down to local Vodafone store to have it sent away for repair and been told I can have loan of another phone while it's away.

BandOfBrothers

Are you able to upload a screenshot of this issue. 

I ask because this can go onto help others who find themselves in a similar situation. 

Current Phone  >

Unfortunately, it doesn't show up on screenshots, as its a problem with the actual display hardware. You can determine if it's this problem by changing teh brightness up and down. If the bars change width as teh brightness changes, it's this.

BandOfBrothers

Is it something similar to...

55B8CCFA-67B5-4D48-8510-8217D5DC3490-4304-00000503FCAC5295_tmp.png

Current Phone  >