Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

3G turnoff and compatible devices

Himble
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi All,

A relative of mine has been getting notifications that their phone isn't compatible with the upcoming 3G switchoff.  I understand that calls will just go back to 2G.  As their phone is a little older now was looking to buy a sim-free phone for them to upgrade to.

Just want to make sure that any phone I buy them will be compatible.  While I'm sure any modern VoLTE compaitble phone should work, just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. The only place on the Vodefone website I can find to check compatibility requires the IMEI number - which I won't have while I'm researching phones and trying to choose/dicuss the right phone with them.

So, is there a list of VoLTE phones compatible with the Vodafone network (for example only the ones for sale on the Vodefone store) that I'm missing or can I assume that any recently released phone will work?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Any 4G compatible phone with 4G will be able to register for VoLTE 4G calling @Himble .

Check out device guides here Device Guides   when you select the phone  > phone specifications >Communication.  For example: S23 Device Guides S23 

A further site for good specifications is GSMArena here GSMArena.com - mobile phone reviews, news, specifications and more...

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

Any 4G compatible phone with 4G will be able to register for VoLTE 4G calling @Himble .

Check out device guides here Device Guides   when you select the phone  > phone specifications >Communication.  For example: S23 Device Guides S23 

A further site for good specifications is GSMArena here GSMArena.com - mobile phone reviews, news, specifications and more...

Janey

Hi @Himble Any phone bought directly from us will have 4G Calling available 👍 The link shared by @AnnS is great way to to see which phones are generally compatible. Just be aware that if you don't buy the phone from us directly, we can't control the firmware so whilst 4G Calling is still likely to work, we can't guarantee this for phones bought through a third party.