Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Miui 14 update Mi11

lateralbutton42
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

when is the miui 14 update coming for the Xiaomi Mi 11, the last security update was january, and there has been an offical release of a newer secsecurity update since then, but has not been rolled out by vodafone

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @lateralbutton42 

Software updates are sent out in waves and are dependent on region , phone eligibility and typically it's build and serial number.

Unfortunately recieving a software update isn't an exact science meaning no exact firm date is given.

It's a case of periodically checking in the phone's software update section.

There might be a dedicated forum for users of your phone with relevant posts from users to check which update they've received and when.

I appreciate security updates are important so are needed ASAP.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

its just a little frustrating when xiaomi have released a stable android 13 and the latest security update, but vodafone is dragging its heals with the new os and a security update that is already 2 months out of date. This is purely vodafone dragging its heals

I understand your viewpoint on this @lateralbutton42 

It's also one of the reasons I buy my phone's direct from Samsung so the network does not have any say in when my phone will recieve the update.

I understand why Vodafone do this as to try and limit the possible clash a new update can have with the networks features and apps on the phone but then the network really needs to be speedy in letting the update be released.

After all the security updates are vital @lateralbutton42 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Its all very well saying you buy your phones direct from samsung, but thats not really helpful 1 im talking about xiaomi, and 2 im talking about phones from vodafone.  Ive just noticed as well, vodafone is still selling mi11 and have obviously stopped supporting it, or just dont give 2 hoots about supporting the people who buy from them and those loyal customers that have been with them more than 15 years

I'm always up for a bit of Vodafone bashing as it's usually deserved, but Xiaomi are extremely poor at updates outside of China.  If you want regular updates, don't buy a Xiaomi.

What is the software version you are on now? 14.0.3.0.TKBEUXM was only released this month. Is it running a Vodafone specific version or the Europe one?