Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung s23 ultra wifi calling

fyfee
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all

im having a nitemare with cs and vodafone in general.

signed up for a new contract last week. checked coverage in my area, online checker said good coverage. wasnt too worried about it as can use wifi calling at home so on.

can i hell get wifi calling enabled on my handset. enabled on account, NO option on phone to turn it on, pop a ee sim in it.. option is there. Put voda sim in... not there. 

Spoke to cs about it they assured me they would send a config msg to enable it on phone... never happend. now trying to get cs to sort it is a no go as they dont get it..

made a complaint and am awaiting a call to resolve tomorrow!. Any tips on how to get this sorted with them as i see on here its a common issue?

Paul 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Even though the phone is more than capable of using Calling Over Wi-Fi the issue maybe because Vodafone UK haven't yet added the Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra to the phone eligible list @fyfee 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling 

Have a word with the Vodafone Social Media Team  as they maybe able to get the OTA Configuration sent to your phone to get the much needed files onto the phone so the feature then shows on the phone, and or persevere with Customer Services on 191.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Vodafone are just incompetent, but you wouldn't know if the silent provisioning message had been received or not, as it's silent.

Just to confirm a few things...

Are you using the Samsung phone dialler as default? (so not using the Google dialler, for example)

In the phone app, in settings, there's no option to enable wifi calling?

It is worth a few calls to find someone who knows how to send the provisioning message. Escalating to Level2 sometimes helps, but often they refuse to put you through.

If they ask, say it's an S22 Ultra as they do support the S23 Ultra just use their web site as an excuse to fob you off.

Ask them to remove wifi calling from your account. Wait till you get the test message saying its been removed and doesn't show in MyVodafone, then ask them to add it again.

Try a SIM swap.