Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No 4g on new samsungs

tomm2000
3: Seeker

On a voxi sim only deal. I have used the sim for a few years in refurbished phones to keep the cost down.
 I've gone from Samsung S8 to S10 to Pixel 5 with no issues at all. 
 Thought I'd move to a Samsung S21 but no matter what I tried, I could not get 4g... just stuck on really slow "H" status.  Checked APN settings many times. Factory reset.  New sim.... Nothing worked. Yet I can pop the sim into any of my older phones and the signal is great again. I put it down to the mobile so returned the S21 and got a S21fe instead.... Same issue.. No 4g or 5g!
 So I'm stumped again (as are voxi customer support ) I'd love to get the S21FE signal working as well as it does in my older phones. Could anyone point me towards something I may have overlooked in the settings to solve this please? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

The phones are not UK specification, probably EU, Return the phones you will never be able to use the UK 4 and 5G network. 

A Vodafone store won't be able to help.

View solution in original position

20 REPLIES 20

AnnS

Just about all I can think is the network mode in your connection settings @tomm2000 but if you have checked the APN settings you have probably already made sure this is set to 4G.

Yeah... Tried a few variations on the APN settings but none work. Even copied settings from my older phones (which give me 4g anf 5g) but no luck. 

AnnS

The network mode not APN settings @tomm2000 .

I have got to admit I am running out of ideas when your network mode is selected to 5G 4G @tomm2000 

Try refreshing your SIM on the network by completing a manual roam by following this information

How do I perform a manual roam? 

Also try going into offline flight mode and back on the network and in an alternative location.

Absolutely no reason for the phone not connecting to the 4 and 5G network.

Also toggled between the different network mode settings but no luck. 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @tomm2000 

My partner uses the Samsung s21 fe but on o2 and gets 4G fine.

In the phone's settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Mode it has 4G/3G/2G (auto connect) available. 

Can you try another networks sim card in the phone to see what happens. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Can you run the diagnostic tool found in your Samsung Members App to see if that highlights anything. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tried the Samsung members app. Reported the sim card was normal. 

Getting to the point where I will have to return the s21fe as faulty (perhaps it isnt) which would be a shame 

tomm2000

Tried the aeroplane money on and off. Tried switching to another network and back.

Using the sim card in my old s10 under Network Mode, I can see LTE/3g/2g(auto connect)

On the s21fe I don't even have the Network Mode section. 

AnnS

The phone won't be faulty @tomm2000 , I would recommend going into a Vodafone  Store with the device, they staff will be able to check 4 and 5G is enabled on the network mode.

Vodafone don't have the FE listed on device guides but the 5G will be exactly the same, take a look at device mode here https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/samsung/galaxy-s21-5g-android-11-0/connectivity/select-network-m...

I appreciate any advice but I don't even have the Network Mode section  on the fe