Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OnePlus 10 Pro - Wi-Fi Calling

ABDULHAMID1978
4: Newbie

Does Vodafone support Wi-Fi calling on the OnePlus 10 Pro?

Things I have tried:

1.  I tested the phone with an EE sim and Wi-Fi calling works fine

2.  I tested my Vodafone sim on Oppo Find X3 Pro and Wi-Fi calling works fine

3.  I tested my Vodafone sim on OnePlus 10 Pro and Wi-Fi calling does not appear under sim settings

Is this something that Vodafone can resolve or for OnePlus to resolve?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just as an update, I asked the Vodafone person on facebook to send me the OTAC using the Oppo Find X3 Pro profile.  This actually worked, I left the sim in the OnePlus 10 Pro and now the Wi-Fi calling option has appeared and is working on the OnePlus 10 Pro.

This is definitely a Vodafone issue that could be fixed easily for everyone.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @ABDULHAMID1978 

This is a link to show All the phone's that Vodafone officially support for Calling Over Wi-Fi > https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling 

The " Oppo Find X3 Pro " is in that list but the " OnePlus 10 Pro " isn't currently.

That said we've seen people get their phone's working even if their particular model isn't in the list via asking Vodafone Customer Support to send an OTA - Over The Air Configuration to send the required settings to the phone so the option then appears in the phone's settings and then ensure the feature is toggled On in your Myvodafone.

Below is my copy and paste information I put forward in regards to setting up Calling Over Wi-Fi.

Calling Over WiFi Set up. Ask the agent to force the phone via sending an OTA configuration update that should provision your phone for Calling Over WiFi.

"Register for Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling
Text the word CALLING to 97888
This is a free text which will add the service to your account
You should receive the following confirmation text:
Thanks. We’ll add Wi-Fi Calling to your account in the next 24 hours and will let you know when you’re all set up.
If you’d like to discuss this with us, or if you have any other issues, you can find more info here or contact us
Once you receive the confirmation text, switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings
Go to Settings, scroll down and choose the Application icon
Choose Phone and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Calling – select the box beside this option
A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling – tap OK"

How-do-I-set-up-WiFi-Calling. 

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your response.

'Calling Over WiFi Set up. Ask the agent to force the phone via sending an OTA configuration update that should provision your phone for Calling Over WiFi.'

Is this something I can request via messaging Vodafone on Facebook or Twitter?

You're very welcome.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM can access your account however I would suggest asking an agent via 191 or Live Chat for a faster response @ABDULHAMID1978 

Current Phone  >

This is the reply I received from facebook team:

'We tried for One Plus 10 Pro, but currently we do no have the WiFi calling settings available for this device at the moment'

Not sure what this means

Just as an update, I asked the Vodafone person on facebook to send me the OTAC using the Oppo Find X3 Pro profile.  This actually worked, I left the sim in the OnePlus 10 Pro and now the Wi-Fi calling option has appeared and is working on the OnePlus 10 Pro.

This is definitely a Vodafone issue that could be fixed easily for everyone.

I'm glad the idea of sending an Over The Air Configuration worked for you @ABDULHAMID1978  😛

Current Phone  >

I tried the OTP push but it didn't work for me as I had previously upgraded to Android Oxygen OS13.

I'm also not sure if 5g works. I'm going to leave Vodafone when my contract is up. 

What other network supports One plus 10 WiFi calling? I'm hoping Virgin do via O2.