Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text

Duncan1949
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am not receiving any text message when my phone screen is off. i.e. the power is on just the display is turned off. I have checked blocked numbers, tried a different message app, cleared the text cache, forced stop the message app and restarted the phone. No texts come through unless the screen is on. Has anyone any idea what could be wrong? I am using a Realme 5 pro with Android v11

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I haven't used your particular model of phone @Duncan1949 however it maybe beneficial to look in any settings that are to do with notifications. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the notification status of the message app and can't see anything that may be a problem

BandOfBrothers

Ok @Duncan1949 

Might be beneficial to create a post on a forum for dedicated fellow Realme 5 pro users to see if they have any advice.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

It sounds like you have do not disturb activated @Duncan1949 , this will stop you receiving any messages, notifications etc until you activate the screen as you have done.

Try pulling down the notification bar at the top of the phone and checking do not disturb is not highlighted.  An additional check would be make sure power saver is not enable but this shouldn't affect receiving messages until the screen is activated.

Thanks for the suggestions Ann but Do Not Disturb is not highlighted and I don't have any power saving mode active either