cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lost ability to use Wifi calling after phone was restored to factory settings.

muff13
4: Newbie

I have a Google pixel 4a 4g phone. For some time I have had WiFi enabled on this phone and I use it regularly as I do not get a mobile signal at my house. This morning I had to restore my phone to factory settings and now I have lost the ability to use WiFi calling. I know how I should be able to turn it on but the button to do so is nowhere to be found so I am at a loss what to do. I did read that, at times, a phone reset would mean that Vodafone would have to reactivate the WiFi calling. I have been trying to get them to do this but the agents either say that it is already enabled or tell me to text a number (which, if I go outside I can just manage to do) The text gets an automated  reply just sending me a link showing how to find the place to turn it on but this is of no use. I am at the end of my tether as I need this on my phone due to my non existent signal. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

I know exactly what you mean @muff13 , it's the WiFi calling OTA configuration settings you need. Vodafone need to send these by text to the phone and live chat should be aware of what is needed. 

Drop the Social Team a message through social channels, you will get the settings certainly by tomorrow.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS

This should  be simple enough for Vodafone to  solve for you @muff13 , you need the WiFi calling settings sent to your phone.  Live chat or Customer Services will help, the Social Team will be able to send the settings, the Team are available to help here Contact us  

@AnnS . I have spent a large part of today on live chat. While they sound helpful they have not been able to sort the problem out.

AnnS

I know exactly what you mean @muff13 , it's the WiFi calling OTA configuration settings you need. Vodafone need to send these by text to the phone and live chat should be aware of what is needed. 

Drop the Social Team a message through social channels, you will get the settings certainly by tomorrow.

Thanks @AnnS . I have been trying to follow your advice and have spent all  morning messaging on Twitter asking for the WiFi calling OTA code to be texted to me. All that had happened is that I'm asked the same questions as before and they seem unable to actually do what's needed to help. They are ignoring my request for the code.

Hmzi1122
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Are you still facing  this problem?

Yes I am.

I'm glad to say, all has been sorted. After a frustrating time, I was, eventually, sent the settings for WiFi calling directly to my phone. Then it worked.