Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone start and my vodafonex app as caused my device problems

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Please  could a  moderator please give me a link so you can look at my account  not only is it  private and not appropriate  to  post screen Shots

on here

but I'm also worried since I mentioned screen shots  in my first post the next minute the Vodafone app and start wanted access to my folders and my  screen shots.

I know they cause warnings as I have a live chat I transcript 

It t was the  time I had used it so whilst using it I  took a few screen shots just for my f file 

And  after just under 2  hours

and I pressed the the transcript button because I thought that would cut me  off 

Any way I got the transcript and the places I took the screenshots it had big Waring signs in  the places I took screen shots s

so  when I was  concerned  And took screen  shots big warning  signs were appearing on  the operator s screen

And now the my Vodafone app will not accept my pin and then when I try to reset it it asks for my pin that I already have but it won't accept yet I know  thi s   sounds paranoid but it would worry any one who had the  problems since Vodafone start typing on here takes at least an hour  to  type  on this  forum and the Vodafone app as started asking for permission to my files it here my device as gone mad the words i am typing on here  the words i am typing are  turning out   different and I has took me over an hour to go back and correct  the mistakes j

6 REPLIES 6

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SKYMAN513 – The My Vodafone app requires access to check how you’re using the phone, for things such as how much data your apps are using and checking for dropped calls. This helps us to improve the quality of our network and the services we provide.

When you had the warnings, were you taking a screenshot of the My Vodafone app or a Live Chat conversation?

So we can look into your account and make sure your PIN’s correct, come and speak with us on Live Chat. :Smiling:

SKYMAN513

Thanks for replying yes my pin was correct,

I've been using it extensively for the last couple of months downloading all my bills bit at a time and then transferring them to my lap too that I just use for data storage it happened as soon as I made a phone call about my account

I know we all have moments of oblivion but I can guarantee you I am and was using the correct pin and when this happened last time I spent hours doing all different permutations of getting in and after weeks of spending an hour or two here and there I cracked it.

But I tried that many I've forgot which one it was

A few examples 

Trying it with signed into Google and signed in with different accounts 

Uninstalling

Reinstalling

And so on 

At the minute I don't have the time to do it 

I can try a simple procedure but I'm not factory resetting my device as it didn't work and I've only had this a few months and have had Samsung telling me to factory reset for my other problems and I'm no expert but constantly resetting your device can not be healthy 

Sorry for the essay once I start I can not stop 

Please don't take offence to what I've posted as I'm sure I've spoken to you on the phone and you solved my problem all the time and was lovely and helpfull to talk to so thank you

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SKYMAN513 Thanks for getting back to us :smileyhappy:

I'm glad to hear that your PIN is now working. If you experience any further issues with this in the future, please speak with us on Live Chat and we'll be happy to reset your PIN for you if needed.

SKYMAN513

No I spoke to soon

on the app when I want to get in it it says 

SET UP PIN NOW in one box and then below that it says 

SKIP AND SEE USAGE 

I was on the phone on 191 for a while this morning and the guy I got was brilliant and we spent ages going through all different permutations and he said he thinks there is a problem with my device

But I was telling him I could start a fresh page and log into any of the other sites I visit that need passwords and I can log in, in  under a minute yet when I go through the pages of logging in the blue line  that shows download progress on my device it  just crawls and then some times (more so whilst I was talking to the advisor) the page wouldn't load (I forgot what it said, but when I retry I'll come and edit)

And it would have blue bar at the bottom saying

RELOAD PAGE 

But whilst online that is all I'm having a problem with 

I tried every option the advisor new but one that he knew would take me to a page I've never seen 

It wasn't a mobile version page  so I had to scroll round it and the main logo was ORACLE and there was a small white box in bottom left that said an error message and one half of the page was dark blue and the other a bit lighter but it still said login page at the top.

The advisor had never heard of it 

And then first we tried a new password via gmail.

No joy 

And then he sent me a link and that would let me in and accept my pin(the pin that the app says is wrong and the same pin I've been using since I started) then let me log in with the pin that it says is wrong 

But that's when I would be sent to that Oracle page so I'm at a loss.

I can log in and out of here no problem and other sites but I don't visit any thing dodgy just for notes sake  

It's seems like there's a brick wall as far as my account access is concerned like a small kb file may be like that HIYA picture that ended up in my picture gallery on the unknown thread, yet I have been to no site or seen no advert with that logo on 

So any obscure suggestions would-be welcome apart from factory reset

I fell having had this problem for a while if a reset work I'm shouldn't have to reset my device every couple of weeks to login to my account.

thanks

One last thing full marks to the guy I had on  191 he was brilliant patient and did everything  he could to help me out without exaggerating it was as this was his phone and he wanted to sort it.

I'm saying this as 191 gets a lot of  bad posts so I think credit were credit is due

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SKYMAN513 

So we can take a look into this for you and see what's going on, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Thanks.

SKYMAN513

Thanks for reply